Eset NOD32 antivirus 9.0.318.0 loads sporatically at startup

Alith J

I have Windows 7 SP1 and AV version 9.0.318.0

I have noticed that I have an issue with the AV not loading at startup. I have disabled all unnecessary items at startup and am still having this issue.

Any suggestions on how to address this issue?

• Administrators

No. Ekrn.exe does not have any gui; it's the process that is responsible for protecting your computer. It's egui.exe which is responsible for displaying GUI. If there's no icon in the system tray, are you able to open gui from the Start menu?

Next time it doesn't load I'll check Marcos. Thanks for your reply I appreciate the help with this. This AM it loaded okay.

Edited by Alith J

• 2 weeks later...

No. Ekrn.exe does not have any gui; it's the process that is responsible for protecting your computer. It's egui.exe which is responsible for displaying GUI. If there's no icon in the system tray, are you able to open gui from the Start menu?

Hello Marcos:

I am having the same problem. EGUI.exe does not load right away at startup with Windows 7 64 Bit. Ekrn.exe is running though.

It does eventually startup, but many minutes later.

Edited by spotter4me

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Marcos:

I am having the same problem. EGUI.exe does not load right away at startup with Windows 7 64 Bit. Ekrn.exe is running though.

It does eventually startup, but many minutes later.

Well...............interestingly after just upgrading to latest version 9.0.349.0, EGUI.exe now loads properly at startup, and the NOD32 icon now immediately appears on my Windows 7 taskbar.

Edited by spotter4me