• 2 weeks later...
  • Former ESET Employees

We're always working on new builds to improve detection and address known issues. We're aware of the above issue (and others) with v9 and the first service release is nearly ready. We unfortunately do not have an exact date but once it is available, we will announce it here on the forums, as we always try to do. 

Thank you for your attention on this and patience. Stay tuned. It's coming soon!

• ESET Insiders

Is all well that this new build but for example on a new build works, but how I will know. the hip problem which Eset among others has not resolved. You can not promote a Windows 10 compatibility, which is not given but Definitely! ( German: Ist ja schön das sie an einem neuen Build Arbeiten, doch wie ich weiß wird dieses neue Build aber zb. das Hip Problem was Eset unter anderem hat nicht behoben. Sie können doch nicht mit einer Windows 10 Kompatibilität Werben, die Definitiv nicht gegeben ist! )

We're always working on new builds to improve detection and address known issues. We're aware of the above issue (and others) with v9 and the first service release is nearly ready. We unfortunately do not have an exact date but once it is available, we will announce it here on the forums, as we always try to do. 

Thank you for your attention on this and patience. Stay tuned. It's coming soon!

Any firm date for this now, its been 2 weeks today, since your post I for one am desperately awaiting this new build!

• ESET Insiders

If there is eventually a new build, expected merely not assume that the mistakes will be corrected, because some errors like including the hip problem, will then not be resolved in the new build and that's no nonsense, because Eset can this mistake under Windows 10 does not resolve, so that's really the laughter at all to speak of Windows 10 compatibility! Have this already in other postings mentioned, but Eset submit its no position, what do you think the why? Even Kaspersky scored the hip problem under control!( German: Wenn es irgendwann nenn neues Build gibt, erwartet blos nicht davon das die Fehler behoben sein werden, denn einige Fehler wie unter anderem das Hip Problem, werden dann auch im neuen Build nicht behoben sein und das ist kein Blödsinn, denn Eset kann diesen Fehler unter Windows 10 nicht beheben, daher ist das wirklich der lacher überhaupt von einer Windows 10 Kompatibilität zu sprechen! Habe dieses schon in anderen Postings Angesprochen, doch Eset nimmt dazu keine Stellung, was meint ihr den warum? Selbst Kaspersky hat das Hip Problem in den Griff bekommen!)

Edited by SlashRose

• Administrators

If there is eventually a new build, expected merely not assume that the mistakes will be corrected, because some errors like including the hip problem, will then not be resolved in the new build and that's no nonsense, because Eset can this mistake under Windows 10 does not resolve, so that's really the laughter at all to speak of Windows 10 compatibility!

There are no known problems with HIPS on Windows 10. If you're having some, please create a new topic and provide as much information as possible (including info about the build of Win10 and the version of HIPS module installed).

• ESET Insiders

Well now but I feel a bit fooled, this information I have are of Eset Germany to which I have very good contacts, I do not know how far they have been informed, but apparently not good! There is a problem with the rule creation of hip before and although rules are created twice and three times, this is very nice in Interactive Mode to see contexts, it does so that the Microsoft services / processes on Windows 10 always had a unique identifier, but Since Windows 10 is available in the Windows processes no unique identifier of the processes more, but they are re-assigned at random each time, whereby the hip every time although a rule was created for a process that Eset Hip these when new start of Windows processes again as new process recognized, but what it is not, so that the hip rules are then ineffective and must be recreated each time and at any time where a Windows restart process, they understand what I mean? I ask for an answer and Please inquire at the Eset programmers before it answers !!! The German forums are full with it and they say there is no problem with the hip in front of that is surely a bad joke of them!( German: Na jetzt fühle ich mich aber etwas Veräppelt, diese Infos die ich habe sind von Eset Deutschland zu die ich sehr gute Kontakte habe, ich weiß ja nicht wie weit sie Informiert sind, aber anscheinend nicht gut! Es liegt ein Problem mit der Regel Erstellung der Hip vor und zwar werden Regeln doppelt und dreifach erstellt, dieses ist sehr schön im Interaktiven Modus zu sehen, zusammenhängen tut es damit das die Microsoft Dienste / Prozesse vor Windows 10 immer eine eindeutige Kennung hatten, doch seit Windows 10 gibt es in den Windows Prozessen keine eindeutige Kennung der Prozesse mehr, sondern diese werden nach einem Zufallsprinzip jedesmal neu vergeben, wodurch das Hip jedes mal obwohl eine Regel für einen Prozess erstellt wurde das Eset Hip beim neu start der Windows Prozesse diese wieder als neuen Prozess Erkannt, was es aber nicht ist, wodurch die Hip Regeln dann Wirkungslos sind und jedes mal neu Erstellt werden müssen und das bei jeden mal wo ein Windows Prozess neu startet, verstehen sie wovon ich Rede? Ich Bitte um eine Antwort und Erkundigen sie sich Bitte bei den Eset Programmierer bevor sie Antworten!!! Die Deutschen Foren sind voll damit und sie sagen es liegt kein Problem mit den Hip vor, dass ist ja wohl ein schlechter scherz von ihnen!)

Edited by SlashRose

• Administrators

There is a problem with the rule creation of hip before and although rules are created twice and three times, this is very nice in Interactive Mode to see contexts...

Please collect logs using ESET Log Collector and send me the output archive via a personal message. I'll check your configuration if HIPS rules are 100% identical. I was never able to reproduce it when I read about it in this forum or elsewhere.

• ESET Insiders

It can be reproduced, believe me! I am sending you like to the logs, since I can provide this Work but send only tomorrow at noon! ( German: Es lässt sich Reproduzieren, glauben sie mir das! Ich schicke ihnen gerne die Logs zu, da ich Arbeite kann ich ihnen diese aber erst Morgen Mittag schicken!)

I also have a problem with HIPS when I fresh installed the latest version Windows 10 build 10586. After installing the ESS 9.0.318.24 HIPS does not work and complains about an invalid rule. If you restart the PC, everything starts to work normally. On the build of 10240 such was not.

Yesterday when I installed Windows 10 on a laptop problem also show.

• Administrators

I also have a problem with HIPS when I fresh installed the latest version Windows 10 build 10586. After installing the ESS 9.0.318.24 HIPS does not work and complains about an invalid rule. If you restart the PC, everything starts to work normally. On the build of 10240 such was not.

That's expected. The current v9 installers were compiled before TH2 update was released and a HIPS module fully compatible with Windows 10 TH2 became available.

The upcoming service build will have all current modules included so this will no longer be an issue.

• Former ESET Employees

Also, the new build is now available:

Changelog:
Added: Support for screen reader software (JAWS)
Added: Support for Outlook 2016 (Antispam plugin)
Added: License info about seat count
Fixed: Issues with printing and performance when closing files
Fixed: Issues with settings migration when upgrading from previous versions
Other: Current modules fully compatible with Windows 10 Threshold 2 (v1511) are already included in the installer

Currently v9.0.349 is available as a micro PCU (automatic update) for users who have pre-release updates selected in the advanced update setup. Users with regular updates selected (default) can use Live Installer to install it over the version they have currently installed.

Currently v9.0.349 is available as a micro PCU (automatic update) for users who have pre-release updates selected in the advanced update setup.

I have pre-release updates enabled, but no program update is available.

Edited by User

• Administrators

Currently v9.0.349 is available as a micro PCU (automatic update) for users who have pre-release updates selected in the advanced update setup.

I have pre-release updates enabled, but no program update is available.

Couldn't it be that you don't have English version of v9 installed? V9.0.349 is currently available only in English with other language versions to follow soon.