How to see Log "Devicecontrol" on the ERAS

Go to solution Solved by TomasP,

Hi,

we have activate device control (+logging informations) and want to see this in the ERAS Webconsole. What we must Setup, that the logs will send to eras and will be visible in reports?

The logging to devctrllog.txt is working but no informations about this on the Server.

We setup the agent to send logs "warning" to the server and setup a profil in the devicecontrol this warn, when you connect a USB device.

Should we must change the setup of the agent from warning to other status?

thx for help :)

• ESET Moderators

Hi, on top of setting the log to have the "warning" verbosity, you also need to have a report template created that will ask for that data, only then it will be transferred to ERA.

Hi ThomasP

i try both: logging "warning" and logging "informations" + Setup 2 different Report templates. (device control.user, device control.device, device control.manufacturer .... and so on)

I Setup the log under policies for remote Administrator and for the Client Antivir is this correct?

Can you exactly describe where we have to Setup this?

thx

edit: when i look in the table of the eras database/devicecontrol, there are no entrys so i think its a logging "problem"

Edited by HSW

• ESET Moderators

The logging verbosity of the Device Control rule needs to be set for the Endpoint client and the policy needs to be applied correctly (you can check in the client's details in ERA, or look at the settings directly on the client).

You mean this? If not PLEASE the exactly path/option

The policys are all applied. (checked in ERAS and on the Clients)

post-7629-0-91398300-1445604395_thumb.jpg

post-7629-0-93109300-1445604532_thumb.jpg

post-7629-0-89137200-1445604536_thumb.jpg

post-7629-0-52400700-1445605688_thumb.jpg

Edited by HSW

• ESET Moderators
  • Solution

Hello, the logging verbosity of the Device Control rule needs to be set in the rule itself - in the "Edit rule" dialog, there is Logging severity, set to "Always" in your screenshot. It is here you need to change it.