Jump to content

Version 9 and windows updates


Recommended Posts

Yesterday I installed version 9 and here is the first problem:

 

With version 9 installed and checking manually for windows updates, it takes about 10 minutes for windows "looking for updates".

 

When I deactivate ESET protection manually, it takes about 10 to 15 seconds.

 

That is on both my PC and Laptop with win 7 64 bit ultimate and home.

Edited by User
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

It could be due to SSL scanning enabled in v9 by default, however, we haven't encountered such issue and nobody has ever reported it either. I'd suggest contacting customer care for assistance with troubleshooting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

What about disabling protocol filtering in the advanced setup? If that doesn't make any difference either, what about temporarily disabling HIPS (followed by a computer restart)? The thing is we'd need to narrow it down before we move on and troubleshoot the issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What about disabling protocol filtering in the advanced setup? If that doesn't make any difference either, what about temporarily disabling HIPS (followed by a computer restart)?

 

 

I have just tried the first one: no difference

and then the second one and restarted the PC: also no difference.

 

Only activation of "deactivate protection temporarly" with right clicking on the eset icon works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've just tested it again a few minutes ago (manually looking for windows updates), because there is a new update out for windows defender.

 

 

On my PC I deactivated ESS protection and it took about 20 seconds to find the update.

On my laptop with activated protection it took 14 minutes until windows found the update

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

I have the same problem. I have two PCs running ESS v9 & Windows 7 (one is 32 bit & other is 64 bit). With ESS on, Windoze takes at least 15 mins to find updates, yet with ESS off it takes less that 30 seconds. So ESS is clearly interfering. BtW I have ESS set to keep me UN-NOTIFIED of any Windoze updates. Could ESET help us resolve this?

Cheers

Psycho

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have the same problem. I have two PCs running ESS v9 & Windows 7 (one is 32 bit & other is 64 bit). With ESS on, Windoze takes at least 15 mins to find updates, yet with ESS off it takes less that 30 seconds. So ESS is clearly interfering.

 

I installed English version 9.0.349 until the German version 9.0.349 is out, and that solved the problems with windows updates and general "freezing"/slowness problems, see here.

Edited by User
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

I have the same problem. I have two PCs running ESS v9 & Windows 7 (one is 32 bit & other is 64 bit). With ESS on, Windoze takes at least 15 mins to find updates, yet with ESS off it takes less that 30 seconds. So ESS is clearly interfering.

 

I installed English version 9.0.349 until the German version 9.0.349 is out, and that solved the problems with windows updates and general "freezing"/slowness problems, see here.

 

Thanks, v 9.0.349 has cured this!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...