Migrate 6.x Clients From Old 6.x ERAS to New 6.x ERAS

I have about 60 clients to migrated to a new 6.x ERAS appliance instance from an existing 6.x ERAS Windows Server install. I tried the the Policy change option from the knowledgebase (hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3701). While I can see that proxy settings are updated I see no reflection in the new ERAS server that these clients are connected to it in any way, from a ERA Agent perspective. It appears that my only option is to manually touch each client as the new ERAS has been unsuccessful in doing any server tasks deployments. This is very frustrating.

• Administrators

I'd suggest checking C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\trace.log on a client and see if there are any obvious errors towards the end of the log file.

• ESET Staff

I think there is problem with certificates as appliance creates new certification authority. The fallback mechanism in Agent will try to connect to new server and then connect back to the old one. The KB article expects that server installation is same (same DB or same machine) but its IP address has changed. In your case, you can repair server installation in appliance with certificates from your Windows installation. Navigate to /root/eset_installers and run Server installer with certificates (CA and Server peer certificate) that you transferred to appliance (e.g. WinSCP).