Change of Representation in Australia

beancounter

• ESET Staff

Hello,

If you need support, please contact au.support@eset.com. Your enquiry will be attended to by the appropriate person as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Matus

This is supposed to be a support forum. There is a simple question here. How do ESET customers in Australia renew a multi-device licence?

This is Alison Conti, the Channel & Internal Sales Manager at Microbe Pty Ltd. Please allow me to clarify our involvement with ESET and Pro One and alleviate some concerns.

Microbe have been distributing anti-virus software in Australia and New Zealand for the past 15 years.

We recently signed up with ESET as a platinum partner and acquired Pro1 and AcNode in November 2014.  We setup a renewal system for existing clients, redirected the websites to our renewal page and then an email was sent to all existing Pro1 & AcNode customers explaining the acquisition and reassuring them about renewal discount. 

If you are an existing Pro1 or AcNode customer you will be receiving a renewal reminder from sales@microbe.com.au, 30 days prior to your license/s falling due.

There have been some teething problems that we are actively working on.  Please be assured that if you have any concerns we are happy to assist on 1300 88 3456 or email us at sales@microbe.com.au and your matter will be dealt with immediately, as we appreciate your business.

I would like to apologise for any inconvenience experienced. We look forward to working with you to ensure your satisfaction with ESET products and our service.

Regards,

Alison Conti

Channel and Internal Sales Manager

Microbe Pty Ltd

1300 88 3456

www.buyeset.com.au

• Most Valued Members

We recently signed up with ESET as a platinum partner and acquired Pro1 and AcNode in November 2014.  We setup a renewal system for existing clients, redirected the websites to our renewal page and then an email was sent to all existing Pro1 & AcNode customers explaining the acquisition and reassuring them about renewal discount. 

If you are an existing Pro1 or AcNode customer you will be receiving a renewal reminder from sales@microbe.com.au, 30 days prior to your license/s falling due.

There have been some teething problems that we are actively working on.  Please be assured that if you have any concerns we are happy to assist on 1300 88 3456 or email us at sales@microbe.com.au and your matter will be dealt with immediately, as we appreciate your business.

I would like to apologise for any inconvenience experienced. We look forward to working with you to ensure your satisfaction with ESET products and our service.

Hi Alison,

Thanks for your post on here, it's great to have a response from Microbe abut pro1.

Unfortunately I never received that email you mentioned, so I'm not sure I'll be able to receive that reminder email but that's a personal matter and I'll contact Microbe when the time comes if I didn't receive that reminder when 30 days has approached.

I'm also happy to hear that there is work being done, hopefully I can renew my multi-device license if the time comes.

Edited by planet

I'm also happy to hear that there is work being done, hopefully I can renew my multi-device license if the time comes.

The question on renewal of multi-device licences has been raised several times in this thread and, thus far, studiously ignored.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members

Renewal still isn't working on the Microbe site (tested with Multi-Device license) and ESET Australia isn't providing a way for prior customers (before the official store existed) to renew with them online if we want to - is there going to be a solution for people who wish to renew online instead of everyone individually contacting either Microbe or ESET Australia?

The problem is that Microbe's renewal currently doesn't work - when I try to renew with my username I only receive a renewal for 3 years of 'ESET Smart Security', not my current Multi-Device license. TJP is also getting the same 3 year ESS renewal too, with no option to change it.

Since all previous users were redirected to Pro1 to purchase for a while before the ESET Australia store was available recently, shouldn't there should be a future proof method for all Australian users to renew successfully on Microbe or have the choice to renew with ESET Australia?

Couldn't you automatically provide two options after entering the username on the ESET website to either renew with Microbe or renew with ESET Australia (as well as a brief description why people are seeing Microbe instead of Pro1 too)? If the ESET Australia Store existed when I purchased my multi-device license I wouldn't have gone with Pro1 or Microbe.

You've nailed the siutation planet. All we want is the ability to renew with Eset Australia!

I don't want to use Microbe and I don't care about the issue/claim that Eset Australia is/will be 'poaching' or 'stealing' customers from its distributors (read the stories I linked to earlier). Do what all other vendors do - allow your users to renew with whomever they wish to. This is a non-issue for the likes of Kaspersky Labs, Symantec, Avira etc.

Microbe could be here today and gone tomorrow and then were am I?

The question on renewal of multi-device licences has been raised several times in this thread and, thus far, studiously ignored.

Edited by planet

• ESET Insiders

After coming back to Eset from Kaspersky, whom with I never had a single issue renewing their products from licence sellers all over the internet. Perhaps I should have stuck with the wealthy Russian :(

I don't understand how renewing is even an issue in this day and age; my licence should be good as a trigger for a renewal discount irrespective of whomever I chose to shop with be it Eset Australia or one of their partners. Do we have to email Eset Australia with our licence info in order to renew with them or will they simply point us back to Microbe?

I too never received a single e-mail from Pro1 or Microbe about the merger until recently (which is a EOFY discount code).

• 3 weeks later...

I see that ESET Australia can now recognise that I have a multi-device licence. It would have been so simple for someone from ESET Australia to post a 'problem fixed' post here but they didn't. When it comes to good customer support it is often the simple little things that count.

I am still not convinced that I will renew. While I still think that ESET has a good product the lack of support communication here has meant that I have felt obliged to spend valuable time evaluating competitive products. Time that I could have spent earning considerably more than an annual licence subscription.

• ESET Staff
Hi All,

Thank you for posting on our forum Beancounter.

We apologise for any inconvenience you faced when ordering Multi Device pack in the past but can assure you that there were no reported issues for the actual license generation of this product.

Unfortunately, due to data discrepancies some customers were not given the right prompts from the system but this has been resolved now.

Should you experince any further licensing issues please do not hesitate to contact au.support@eset.com

Thank you and have a nice day.

Matus

Unfortunately, due to data discrepancies some customers were not given the right prompts from the system but this has been resolved now.

Matus

There were others who complained about this issue and they no longer visit this forum. I assume that they gave up and moved to competing products. The only reason I haven't moved on is that I still have a bit of time on my current subscription and that has given me the opportunity to evaluate competing products. I now have to decide if I stay with ESET for another year at a short term bargain basement price or switch.

As I said before, when you fixed the problem it would have been so simple to post here but you didn't. At the moment ESET in Australia is really cheap because of the drive to increase market share and getting offside with existing customers won't help.

I get the impression that this forum is run by ESET US who are basically only interested in their own customers. As I have said before I have no problem with the ESET products and I have been a customer for 10 years but the lack of an active and responsive support forum makes it difficult to continue. 

• Administrators

This forum is mainly supported by moderators from ESET HQ in Slovakia and there is also handful of mods from the US who help . Our goal is to provide users with assistance with technical issues regardless of users' location. As for business questions, it's recommended to contact a local distributor directly who should be able to answer them accurately. Of course, we also work as a mediator and relay business questions to the appropriate distributor, however, getting a response takes longer in such cases.

The Australian office has recently been built from scratch so it was difficult to avoid all initial issues. However, to my best knowledge all these issues should be sorted now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members

Good news, Microbe is now displaying the correct product, amount of years and devices for renewal!  :D So now previous pro1 and current Microbe users can successfully renew with them without an issue. I'm glad to see the automatic renewal process functional again from both ESET's website and Microbe's renewal page.

You would still need to contact ESET Australia directly if you wish to switch to them instead, but that's a personal choice.

• ESET Insiders

Good to know it's finally been sorted. Thanks Planet :)

Edited by TJP