A few questions about ESET Endpoint Encryption

WebGreg

Hello. 

I'm trying to enable encryption and I prefer to ask so as not to cry after enabling some option ;)

1. I have mapped network drives. Will running the "encrypt all drives" option encrypt these drives as well?
  2. With the "encrypt all drives" option enabled, if the user connects a pendrive, will it also be encrypted? 
  3. If I enable SSO login - it is enough that the computer is in the domain, or do I need to do something else?
  4. Can there be any problems with SSO enabled when several users use the computer or it accepts every domain user?
  5. How to logging in when the user is outside the domain (e.g. at home)? Can I then somehow use local accounts?
  6. If, for example, the motherboard fails, is it possible to connect the disk to another computer and decrypt it?

Regards

• ESET Staff

Hi @WebGreg,

No problem at all, we are always happy to help and appreciate you getting in touch with your questions before attempting anything you are unsure of :D 

We have 2 products ESET Endpoint Encryption (EEE) and ESET Full Disk Encryption (EFDE). I am going to answer this from both perspectives, to help you, but also anyone else that may have similar queries.

To answer your questions:

1. No:
  2. No:
  3. Nothing else is required:
    • EEE: SSO only requires that the Workstation is joined to a Domain. SSO will work with Local Windows Users or Active Directory Windows Users (Azure AD Users or Microsoft Accounts are not supported) that use a Password.
    • EFDE: SSO does not require that the Workstation is joined to a Domain. However, it is still only functional with Local Windows Users or Active Directory Windows Users (Azure AD Users or Microsoft Accounts are not supported) that use a Password.
  4. Both of our products function slightly different:
  5. Yes:
    • EEE & EFDE: You will be able to login into any Windows Users that you are currently able to login to in this scenario, SSO itself will not affect whether or not you can or cannot login to a particular Windows User (Excluding unsupported user types mentioned in my answer to Question 3, but then you won't be able to setup SSO for these users in the first place).
  6. Yes, you will be able to install the disk into another machine and decrypt it following the relevant KB below:

If you need any additional information, especially if anything here doesn't apply to your specific environment somehow. Please do get in touch with your local ESET Sales Representative, or submit a ticket here: https://www.eset.com/int/support/contact/

Thank you.

Edited by Kstainton