Detection engine out of date despite just checking

• Administrators

The only explanation that occurs me is that the system date or time has changed after the last update. If that's not the case and the issue doesn't resolve automatically soon, please raise a support ticket.

Posted (edited)

System date and time have not changed. I'll restart and see what happens.

Update: Restarting resolved the issue.

Edited by lllusion

I've just had the same issue. Last update at around 05:30 this morning, now telling me the detection engine is out of date and has not been updated for some time! I've clicked the 'Check for update' and I just get a spinning wheel as if my device can't connect to ESET. The internet connection is fine, and the date and time hasn't been changed.

The only thing that's changed is yesterday I updated my mac from 14.5 to 14.6 Sonoma.

GP

• Administrators

Please raise a support ticket as further logs will be needed. The determination whether the engine is outdated is done by comparing the system date and time with the timestamp of the installed engine.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here.

I've been encountering this issue occasionally recently. When the update problem occurs, I'm unable to perform manual file scans.

A simple reboot can help resolve it.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, AnthonyQ said:

I've been encountering this issue occasionally recently. When the update problem occurs, I'm unable to perform manual file scans.

If you're unable to run a scan there's probably something wrong with the ESET service. Please raise a support ticket for troubleshooting.

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2024 at 2:51 AM, Marcos said:

Please raise a support ticket as further logs will be needed. The determination whether the engine is outdated is done by comparing the system date and time with the timestamp of the installed engine.

I raised a support ticket (#00835901) and was asked to collect logs. Unfortunately, the Log Collector requires performing the steps that cause the issue. This is a seemingly random issue that I cannot replicate on demand. I can only resolve it by restarting the system.

Screenshot 2024-10-10 at 20.56.31.png

I can confirm I have the same issue... been happening for a few weeks and can only be resolved with a restart.

No time / date changes on machine.....

The timestamp for the last checked for update is correct but it still saying the engine is out of date...

Current Version 7.5.74.0

After upgrade to MacOS 15 occurs regularly. Temporary fix is to restart computer, after that it works few days and reoccurs again.

Version 7.5.74.0

MacOS 15.0.1

On 10/13/2024 at 8:14 PM, Marcos said:

Is somebody experiencing the issue with macOS 15 (Sequoia)? @GolfPilot mentioned that he has v14.6 (Sonoma).

Yes, I can confirm that this issue occurs on macOS 15, typically when the Mac restarts after entering sleep mode. The only solution for users is to restart the Mac.

Same here. I started facing this issue after updating to macOS Sequoia. Is there any workaround available without having to restart the system?

Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 10.30.30.png

Edited by steand

Once again, I don't believe the issue is related to macOS 15. I first had the issue with macOS 14. (Notice the date of my original post.)