ESET Online Scanner is crashing after module update, will not scan

The program is repeatedly telling me to update the module, and then will do 4/4 updates and the program immediately closes after completion. Sometimes it lets me get to the "Full Scan" page, when I click full scan it also closes.

• Administrators

The issue is being currently investigated. It should be possible to eventually run the scanner if you try it repeatedly.

P_EOSW-1834

• 1 month later...

Yeah, it's a pity. I used to use this as a way to sell it into a client, but it doesn't work any longer. On the last three occasions, I have had to give up after relaunching, and it tries to download around 10-15 times. You just have to call it quits.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here.  Tried it on 3 different computers and it fails every time.

Tried it 3 or 4 times on the same computer and same result. Scanner crashes updated modules after report erroneous $percentage numbers such as 213% complete during update. 

• Administrators

The issue is being looked into and is expected to be fixed in the next version of EOS. Since there's an ongoing discussion about the issue at https://forum.eset.com/topic/40774-eset-online-scanner-crashes-after-updating-and-before-scanning/, we'll draw this topic to a close.

• Marcos locked this topic