JS/Agent.RMT trojan detected

Go to solution Solved by deelunn2000,

Hi There

I'm getting this error saying my website has been infected, however I'm doing a scan and I can't find anything with a malware plugin. 

The website is https://peoplesparksolutions.co.uk/

Can you check for me please?
Dee

• Solution

Just to add, I ran a scan this morning and found a suspicious file, which I have since removed and the scan is now showing as clean so I don't understand?

• Administrators

I was wrong, the result was from 1 hour ago. After re-scanning it, no threat was found and I'm not getting any alert from ESET while browsing the site either.

• Marcos changed the title to JS/Agent.RMT trojan detected

This is great news, but unfortunately my client (the website owner), is still getting the error message in Edge? I've cleared the cache, is there anything else I can do so the error doesn't appear?

• Administrators

Could you post a screenshot of the error that the user is getting? I can open the site in Edge alright and no AV vendor has blacklisted it either according to VirusTotal.

• Administrators

wpsec.com reports:

WordPress theme in use: Avada
Version: 7.7.1
Update to version 7.9.2
https://wpscan.com/vulnerability/6c977bb4-daeb-42ef-b638-f4d323f18d66/

Should it still be getting re-infected, we recommend contacting Sucuri or another website cleaning and monitoring service to help you harden the website against attacks.

Thank you!

I've updated it there and also noticed a fake administrator user account that shouldn't of been there. Removed them, and changed passwords for all the other users, db and FTP. Hopefully that should stop it 🤞

• Most Valued Members
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, deelunn2000 said:

Thank you!

I've updated it there and also noticed a fake administrator user account that shouldn't of been there. Removed them, and changed passwords for all the other users, db and FTP. Hopefully that should stop it 🤞

You also need to update your Wordpress and your theme , since the theme is vulnerable , and it's possible to add stuff through logged in admins with that vulnerability according to the link that was posted by Marcos.

They will be back since the vulnerability is still there waiting to be exploited again.

Edited by Nightowl