Eset Firewall Interactive Mode doesn't work after upgrade to v11.0.2044

Good day,

after an automatic update to v11.0.2044 the Interactive Mode is not working anymore. Old rules still working, but when i start a app where i made my decision if it will connect or not, no more possible, it connect without asking. Even i create a rule for the app, ESET ignore it, it grant internet access. This can't be possible, then i not need a firewall, then i use the st.. Windows shi..! Sorry but i'm really pissed.

Good that i have enough backups, but this i not needed work and wasting time.

It's true, never change a running system, nearly all Software updates, doesn't matter witch company it is, are since years only betas.

• Administrators

Please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector and provide information about the application for which communication was allowed without asking.

Prior to collecting logs, please do the following:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Reproduce the issue
  3. Stop logging
  4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

Not needed anymore, i fall back to v11.0.2032.0, disable automatic updates, that's it. I remember you have the same problem before, i can't remember the version but it was a Master Version update. No old firewall rules were adopted and you need, i think 6 or 8 weeks to solve that problem. At this time i normally want to quit my Company Licenses but, my fault i didn't.
My licenses expire in September this year, after almost 10 years it's time to give another Company a chance. Especially since ESET are falling behind more and more in independent tests. While ESET used to be in the top 3, today ESET can be found in the bottom third of the top 10. And unfortunately, as I have to interpret your answer, even with a detailed error message, it's just about collecting data, via the log files of course.

• Administrators

There is no difference in the firewall between version 11.0.2032 and 11.0.2044 in terms of firewall rules.

We are willing to help you but we need your cooperation and logs for perusal. Issues with firewall rules that users have reported were mainly caused by policies with firewall settings being damaged years ago and began to manifest after upgrading to Endpoint v10.1/v11. The only solution in such case was re-creating such policies from scratch. Maybe it was the same problem in your case but without investigation we can't tell for sure.

Also I take liberty to disagree with the statement:

Especially since ESET are falling behind more and more in independent tests.

ESET has always been among top performers in tests. Without knowing what particular test you are referring to it's impossible to comment on it. Also if you check the malware forum here, there have been rather reports that ESET detected malware and no other AV did so it must be a false positive. Looking at the detection in details, we confirmed that the detection was correct and the other AVs simply missed it.

On 3/10/2024 at 10:50 AM, Marcos said:

Issues with firewall rules that users have reported were mainly caused by policies with firewall settings being damaged years ago and began to manifest after upgrading to Endpoint v10.1/v11. The only solution in such case was re-creating such policies from scratch.

Users did not break the policies themselves - it was errors in your software that led to this.

So why can’t ESET make a tool in this case that would report that the policy is corrupted, or better yet simply correct the errors?

And if the user has hundreds of policies, then this requires a lot of effort to fix everything from scratch.