The ESET LiveGuard Servers Cannot be reached

Go to solution Solved by Bullet77,

Eset is stating I have a network issue as The LiveGuard servers cannot be reached.

I have spent the better part of a half day troubleshooting this and their nothing wrong with my network.

You must have an issue with your LiveGuard servers.

Telling me to allow access on the firewall. WTF Eset is my firewall.

• Administrators

We have found out that there was a short high load on US servers at about 1:00 AM CET. Are you still getting the notification?

• Marcos changed the title to The ESET LiveGuard Servers Cannot be reached
  • ESET Insiders

I'm still seeing this notification. For the second day. Wondered if it was just me yesterday but I see today that it isn't.

2 minutes ago, xxJackxx said:

I'm still seeing this notification. For the second day. Wondered if it was just me yesterday but I see today that it isn't.

No problem here in cold N.E. Ohio.

I am also having this issue, its been a full day now, still telling me the LiveGuard servers cannot be reached. ESET is my firewall, what other firewall am I supposed to modify

• ESET Insiders

I shut down for lunch and when I started back up afterwards it seems ok, at least for now. This is currently without having to enable the VPN.

-Posted too soon, the message is back.

Edited by xxJackxx

5 minutes ago, xxJackxx said:

I shut down for lunch and when I started back up afterwards it seems ok, at least for now. This is currently without having to enable the VPN.

-Posted too soon, the message is back.

Same here I thought it had corrected after disconnecting VPN and now it is back again.

• ESET Insiders
5 minutes ago, Tmod said:

Same here I thought it had corrected after disconnecting VPN and now it is back again.

Yeah, no effect this time.

I have been having the same issue on all of the devices I have started.
I spent hours yesterday and this morning trying to correct whatever is wrong.  When I start the computer there is no message however within a few minutes the message returns.

I contacted my ISP technical group and they would not assist me. I cannot afford to spend much more time on this issue.
If I can’t get this fixed soon I will probably get rid of ESET and look for another protection.

4 hours ago, xxJackxx said:

Interesting that if I enable the VPN the notification goes away.

Another user in another like thread also mentioned that there is no issue when using a VPN. This appears to me to be a DNS server issue in North America. I am using my ISP, AT&T, DNS servers and haven't had one instance of LiveGuard connectivity problems.

Perhaps users start posting which provider DNS servers they are using.

I will also note that in the past, I have caught Eset not using my ISP DNS servers and falling back to using Google IPv4 DNS server. According to Eset, this is expected behavior when there is Eset connectivity issues connecting to their cloud servers; something I did not like one bit. Appears someone/something has shutdown this fallback use of Google DNS server which is just fine with me.

This also might be related to Tues. Win Cumulative Update?

Edited by itman

2 hours ago, itman said:

This also might be related to Tues. Win Cumulative Update?

Wondered the same thing as it started at that time, Win10 latest update.

Now it is connected again, Connectivity is like a ping pong ball.

Spectrum DNS servers here.

Edited by Tmod

• ESET Insiders
17 hours ago, itman said:

Another user in another like thread also mentioned that there is no issue when using a VPN.

That only worked one time and then stopped working. Ultimately it was not a fix. As for a possible DNS issue I changed my DNS provider and that also made things seem to work, for a few minutes. Then the problem returned. In any case it seems fine today so unless they give us a specific reason for the issue we may not entirely know why.  That said if the problem does not return I'll forget to care. 😁

Edited by xxJackxx