ESET Protect - Rocky Linux 9

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Good afternoon,

I notice that Rocky Linux 9 in the support OS system for ESET Protect console, but doesn't have any check marks due to not tested. Any one using this OS or how dependable is this OS to run ESET Protect? Currently using Centos 7 and EOL is June this year, so trying to explore options as this OS was mentioned by my colleague is what they preferred. If not this OS then is it better to go Debian 10 or RHEL 8 due to actually being supported?

• 1 month later...

Bump. I'm trying to figure which Linux OS to migrate to, as I'm finding all the supported Linux OS in the list are EOL this year except for Ubuntu 20.04 which is EOL next year. Will this list be updated anytime soon? https://help.eset.com/protect_install/11.0/en-US/installation.html?linux.html

• Administrators
  • Solution

The virtual appliance based on Rocky Linux 9 is planned to be available soon. As for installation on Linux, this is yet to be evaluated and decided. Would it be ok for you to use the virtual appliance if the database could not be migrated?

• 3 weeks later...

It seems that a new version based on ROCKY LINUX is available.

Version 11.0.19.0

• New: Virtual appliance available on new operating system Rocky Linux 9
  • Removed: MDM component not available for installation (does not affect existing MDM installations)
  • Fixed: Other minor bug fixes and improvements

https://download.eset.com/com/eset/apps/business/era/appliance/v11/11.0.19.0/protect_appliance.ova

Eset Support please correct the link (Download button) because it still points to a previous version 

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Flamaster said:

Eset Support please correct the link (Download button) because it still points to a previous version

We could not find any issue on the download page. The Download button points to v11.0.19.0 protect_appliance.ova.

14 hours ago, Marcos said:

We could not find any issue on the download page. The Download button points to v11.0.19.0 protect_appliance.ova.

Hi @Marcos right now i can't access the link to download

image.thumb.png.a5a0682b9bdba10d3a709eae74d66283.png

14 hours ago, Marcos said:

I've tried it today and it work. Are you still experiencing the issue?

i've downloaded this link.