ERA 6.1 can't add computers

I recently installed the ERA 6.1 server virtual appliance. I'm able to use the Agent Live Installer .bat file to install the Remote Agent on a computer and it then shows up on the server, but I cannot get any other computers to show up so I can simply use the push install. I've tried all three methods of adding an "Unmanaged" computer (Rogue Device scanner, AD sync, and manually via Add New) and nothing works. I have no way of knowing if the RD scanner is even doing anything. The AD sync reports successful and I see the entry in the syslog of the AD server where it successfully logged in but nothing populates in the group I told it to populate (Lost & Found). I also try to use the Add New button but after I click Add it just sits there and does nothing. The ERA server is on the same subnet as the PCs. Has anyone else been able to get Unmanaged computers to show up in the new ERA so you can just push the agent instead of manually installing it on every single PC?

Well, I figured out what I was doing wrong with the Add New button. If you press enter to make a blank line after typing in the computers you want to add it has the red triangle with exclamation point beside the blank line and when you hit add it does nothing because of the blank line. If you don't have said blank line it works. I think that either a pop-up message saying "you can't have blank lines" when you click the Add button or just having the Add button ignore the blank line should be a thing as it's kind of confusing since it greys out when you click it but nothing else happens.

So this part is solved, but the RD scanner and AD sync parts still seem to be not working.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello WayneISC,

Welcome to ESET's Forums. Currently, the error that you are seeing with the blank line is a known issue, and I have notified the development team to make the process more streamlined.

In regards to the RD Sensor and Active Directory Sync problems, I recommend contacting ESET's Business Support Customer Care to start a case and to help you resolve the issue. Our contact information can be found in the link below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hxxp://www.eset.com/us/about/contact/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We look forward to hearing from you,

David

• 1 month later...

I just followed the instructions on this page to upgrade the components on my ERA server and the RD sensor started working!

On the subject of upgrades... is the only way to update the ERA server through this manual process? I'm OK with dropping down to the linux cli and doing these things, but I'd imagine that many ERA server virtual appliance users wouldn't have any idea of how to follow the linked instructions. Is automatic updates for the ERA server components something that's possible in the future? As far as I can tell there's not even any notification that updates are available.