ESET Smart Security premium stuck on full scan

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi,

My ESET full scans always get stuck on this one file accwiz.dll even though nothing is using the file.

I am not able to perform scheduled full scans due to this file, as I need the DLL for office products and can't delete it.

I have inspected the certificates, and the object/hex dump of this file and it is a legitimate office DLL.

Is it not possible to set file exceptions on ESET? Longest I waited it for to scan this file was 3 days, so it is stuck on it really.

image.thumb.png.fc5e7c74543c95cc1568a1ce98f2435f.png

• Administrators
  • Solution

Couldn't it be that you selected also the registry to scan? If so, could you try removing the registry from scan targets? Does switching to the pre-release update channel in the advanced setup make a difference?

I just updated to the latest version (17.0.15.0) of Eset Internet Security... I did a full scan and it froze again (a few weeks ago I made a post about the same problem), apparently the problem persists in the last update. When I uncheck "registration" the full scan is done without any problem. Apparently this problem has not been solved yet.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Rodrigo Montecinos said:

I just updated to the latest version (17.0.15.0) of Eset Internet Security... I did a full scan and it froze again (a few weeks ago I made a post about the same problem), apparently the problem persists in the last update. When I uncheck "registration" the full scan is done without any problem. Apparently this problem has not been solved yet.

It's fixed if you switch to the pre-release update channel. On the regular update channel it should be within 1 week.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
4 hours ago, Stratosphere2008 said:

The registry scan issue it is still not solved. Can you, please, give us more information? Thank you!

Please elaborate more on the issue that you are having.

I use Eset Internet Security 17.0.16.0. An in-depth scan with 'system registry' activated blocks after 2000 files. The same scan without that option activated works fine. This is happening for a few months now.

No problem here on ESSP ver. 17.0.16 for on-demand in-depth scan of memory, boot/UEFI, WMI, and registry. It took 26 mins. for my Win 10 22H2 build. I didn't notice any hang activity on anything.

Edited by itman

• Administrators

The in-depth scan profile scans objects with smart optimization disabled. A complete in-depth scan of disks and other objects may take dozens of hours, depending on how many archives and sfx archives you have on scanned disks. Also the registry and WMI is scanned thoroughly and may take hours to complete. In-depth scan is not suitable for daily scanning of disks.

I didn't say I use in-depth scan daily. I suppose Eset put it there to be used when needed.

Anyway, smart scan with 'system registry' activated blocks after 2000 files and stays this way as long as I let it (even 24 hours) without progressing. Without 'system registry' activated it moves really quickly. I have the same problem on 2 different computers (Win 10 and Win 11).

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Stratosphere2008 said:

I've already sent it using the link inside the app

Screenshot 2024-01-30 160603.jpg

Ok, then a support ticket was created if you received a confirmation email with a ticket ID and technical support should contact you soon.

• Administrators

Selecting Help and support -> Technical support will eventually take you to your local distributor's website like https://www.eset.com/int/support/contact/ where you need to go through the wizard that will provide you with an option to contact technical support after a few steps.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Stratosphere2008 said:

Hi! There are almost 2 days since I wrote to Eset and I still don't have an answer. How long does usually take to reply?

It's hard to tell since each distributor may have a different number of tickets pending in the queue for processing. If you have a license from the Romanian distributor, you can try to reach out to them through https://www.eset.ro/suport-antivirus if you don't get a response soon.

Hi, Marcos! I've already did this: "Your case was assigned #00706490". And I also asked here for help. I will not write to every ESET address to have an answer. If I can't have it I'll probably migrate to Bitdefender. This company is based in my country and it is more probable to find them when in need.

• Administrators

Are you able to reproduce it if you:
1, scan only the file you've mentioned or the folder that the file resides in?
2, run a disk scan without the registry and WMI selected and with Archives and SFX archives disabled?
3, run a disk scan with ecls.exe?