NOD 32 Version 17.0.15 causes tab crashes Fire Fox Browser Version 119

Christoph2611

After Installation  NOD 32 17.0.15 every  Firefox Tabs,  also blank ones,   crahes every time and the Bowser  can't be used further.

After deinstallation of Version 17.0.15 und reinstall 16.2.11.0 everything works fine again also Fire Fox.

I Think there is something wrong with the new Version.

Rergards 

Christoph

• Administrators

Does temporarily disabling scanning of browser scripts make a difference? Other than that, ESET NOD32 Antivirus does not do anything else with browsers.

image.png

Hello,

and thanks for the quick reply. I have updated the freshly installed version 16 to the new version 17.0.15 to try out the function of setting the script check of the browser, as you said.
What can I say, now everything works. I can't understand this as I have done nothing other than uninstall Eset Nod 32 version 17 and install the 16 version. I have not changed anything else in the system.
All right, I say to myself, I hope everything works again.
But thanks again for your quick reply, without you I would not have installed version 17 again.

Best regards
Christoph

• ESET Staff
On 11/22/2023 at 7:50 PM, Christoph2611 said:

Hello,

and thanks for the quick reply. I have updated the freshly installed version 16 to the new version 17.0.15 to try out the function of setting the script check of the browser, as you said.
What can I say, now everything works. I can't understand this as I have done nothing other than uninstall Eset Nod 32 version 17 and install the 16 version. I have not changed anything else in the system.
All right, I say to myself, I hope everything works again.
But thanks again for your quick reply, without you I would not have installed version 17 again.

Best regards
Christoph

When you open Firefox and enter about:crashes URL, do you see some crashes? Can you send us any of them? You will find them in directrory %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Crash Reports\, just zip this directory and upload it here.

Thank you.