ERA 6.1

jimwillsher
Go to solution Solved by Peter Randziak,

Hi

I'm interested to read that ERA 6 and Endpoint 6 are around the corner, but I'm concerned re: SQL support.

You say that "SQL Express can't be installed on a DC". I support six SBS 2011 instances, and all have existing "SQL Instances" in the form of Windows Internal Database. All standard SBS 2011 servers have this, with a minimum of one instance for SharePoint Foundation and one instance for WSUS.

A separate SQL installation isn't an option for us, nor is a separate server. And we don't really want to go down the route of MySQL as we don't know it.

Will Windows Internal Database support be forthcoming please, with installation on a DC just like the standard SBS databases?

160 licenses hanging in the balance here.....and it's already bad enough that we need to reconfigure everything from scratch.

Many thanks

Jim

Thanks, but what if we do not have another SQL Server? We have one server - SBS - and that is all. We don't really want to install MySQL as we don't know anything about MySQL.

Are you saying we should stick with V4 until our 160 license expires and then move to a different AV solution?

Jim

• ESET Moderators
  • Solution

Hello Jim,

In case you are using SBS you can utilize SQL server, which is built in of course.

When you are installing the new ERA via all-in-one installer do not forger to deselect SQL express installation (it would fail as far as MS SQL is already installed).

P.R.