In-depth scan changes ?

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello, i've done in-depth scan, and in the scan log only shows the objects that were unable to open(in ornage) , it used to show every scanned object, the one with black. Is it a new feature or something wrong with me eset ? 

• Administrators

Logging of all scanned files is disabled by default and can be enabled in the advanced on-demand scanner ThreatSense setup. We do not recommend doing so as it would generate huge scan logs on the disk.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

Logging of all scanned files is disabled by default and can be enabled in the advanced on-demand scanner ThreatSense setup. We do not recommend doing so as it would generate huge scan logs on the disk.

I see, was this changed recently by the update ? 

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

It has been so since the on-demand scanner was first implemented in NOD32 v1.

Because couple of months ago, I could see the other scanned objects, not just the one that are unable to open and I haven't touched any of the settings, so was wondering what could have done that 😕 

Could you please navigate me where exactly is this ? 

And is it normal for potentially unsafe app's to be off ? 

image.png

37 minutes ago, Tio said:

Could you please navigate me where exactly is this ? 

1. Enable Advanced setup.

2. Select Malware scans.

3. Expand ThreatSense settings.

4. Scroll down to the Other settings section.

Edited by itman

28 minutes ago, Tio said:

And is it normal for potentially unsafe app's to be off ? 

It must be optionally enabled at Eset installation time, otherwise it remains off. You can set both settings for it to Balanced.

8 minutes ago, itman said:

It must be optionally enabled at Eset installation time, otherwise it remains off. You can set both settings for it to Balanced.

Oh so it comes as a default option ? Do you think its fine if I leave it as it is ?
As for the log all objects - its also fine to leave it as it is ? As far as I understood, this juts makes it run smoother and faster, not that it doesn't scan it.

8 minutes ago, Tio said:

Oh so it comes as a default option ? Do you think its fine if I leave it as it is ?

For enhanced security protection, the option should be enabled.

9 minutes ago, Tio said:

As for the log all objects - its also fine to leave it as it is ?

This has been already answered. It will cause the scan log files to be very large resulting in wasted disk space.