Firewall Non-Functional at ESET Endpoint Security

Itai

Hello,

After update from version 10.0.2045.0 to 10.1.2046.0 the firewall become non-functional at many clients.

Even updating to version 10.1.2050.0 is not fixing the problem.

Only uninstalling ESET and reinstall is fixing this, we have many PC's with this issue.

Thanks for any help,

Itai

• Administrators

Please be more specific as to what you mean by "firewall become non-functional". Are you getting a red protection status that the firewall malfunctions? Or is it that rules are not working? If so, are the rules applied via a policy that was created long ago (ie. more than 4-6 years ago)?

Please see the attachment to see how it look on the client side.

On the cloud side I had notification that "firewall is non-functional" and a restart is needed., also had the red notification at the client side. After restart on the cloud side the client looks OK but on the client side you can see at the attach.

The rules that I apply is not working, and you don't see anything getting block on the "Network access troubleshooting" screen.

As I said- the only thing that helped so far is to uninstall ESET and reinstall (from the cloud side) and then the firewall is up again.

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

• Administrators

All ESET drivers are running, there are no errors logged in the ESET Event log nor system or application logs.

Did you actually reboot the machine after enabling advanced logging? Asking since many advanced logs were not created in C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Diagnostics.

Would it be possible to temporarily uninstall the management agent as well as Endpoint and install the latest Endpoint 10.1.2050 from scratch with default settings? You may want to run the ESET Uninstall tool in safe mode first.

• 1 month later...

My second and third device/user(licence ESET 'Internet Security 10', version 16.2.15.0) have the same problem?
Applying 'Standard' setting and restarting laptop doesn't work (but it helped me as first device/user, on my desktop).
What should they do?

ESET Firewall Warning_third user_2023-10-23.jpg

ESET Firewall Warning specifics_third user_2023-10-23.jpg

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Carla Smulders said:

My second and third device/user(licence ESET 'Internet Security 10', version 16.2.15.0) have the same problem?
Applying 'Standard' setting and restarting laptop doesn't work (but it helped me as first device/user, on my desktop).
What should they do?

As instructed above, please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Reboot the machine
  3. Stop logging
  4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.