ESET outdated version of windows issue

Sir Darren

Hi there, hope you are able to further assist on this issue.

We have several clients whose desktop OS is running Windows 10 Pro and is currently prompted by ESET in regards to the OS version which needs to be updated. Is there a way of bypassing it as we don't intend to upgrade there OS at present - tried looking into the Advanced Setup > Notifications to see if there is an option to disabled which we can't find. Any help would be much appreciated.

image.thumb.png.feb378562046084bdc728ef23fc9f9a2.png

• Administrators

We recommend installing Windows 10 22H2 update or at least the appropriate KB adding Azure Code Signing support: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/topic/kb5022661-windows-support-for-the-azure-code-signing-program-4b505a31-fa1e-4ea6-85dd-6630229e8ef4.

Edited by Marcos
Link amended

Thanks for reply Marcos,

I know that's the recommended option set by ESET, but say if the client doesn't want to update there Windows 10 Pro to a later version surely they must be a way to disabled the notification. 

• Administrators

It will be possible to disable the notification via a policy later this year, however, we strongly recommend installing the KB adding ACS support. On systems with missing ACS support, the product will not be able to upgrade to newer versions.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2023 at 12:15 PM, Marcos said:

It will be possible to disable the notification via a policy later this year, however, we strongly recommend installing the KB adding ACS support. On systems with missing ACS support, the product will not be able to upgrade to newer versions.

How will you introduce a fix to disable this message, will updates come anyway?

My version of Eset NOD 32 is 16.2.13.0

I don't want to update the system, because the computer is much slower after it

A7.png

On 8/21/2023 at 5:02 AM, Marcos said:

We recommend installing Windows 10 22H2 update or at least the appropriate KB adding Azure Code Signing support: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/topic/kb5022661.

The posted link doesn't work. I believe this is the correct one: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/topic/kb5022661-windows-support-for-the-azure-code-signing-program-4b505a31-fa1e-4ea6-85dd-6630229e8ef4

• Administrators

You

7 minutes ago, kurczak88 said:

How will you introduce a fix to disable this message, will updates come anyway?

My version of Eset NOD 32 is 16.2.13.0

I don't want to update the system, because the computer is much slower after it

You have posted in a wrong forum, this one is for Endpoint, a business product. In Endpoint administrators have an option to not display the application status that notifies about missing ACS support, especially because they have hundreds of machines and sometimes they cannot update them all quickly:

image.png

This option won't we available in home products. We strongly recommend updating Windows 10 to the latest version 22H2 to get your machine updated and protected against exploits targeting recently discovered vulnerabilities. Should you experience performance issues after upgrade to Windows 10 22H2, it could be that Windows Defender is active together with ESET. Our technical support should be able to assist you with troubleshooting if the issue actually goes away after temporarily uninstalling ESET.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, itman said:

Correct, thanks for the heads-up. I was simply used to remove everything after KBXXXX when posting links to our KBs : )

10 minutes ago, Marcos said:

You

You have posted in a wrong forum, this one is for Endpoint, a business product. In Endpoint administrators have an option to not display the application status that notifies about missing ACS support, especially because they have hundreds of machines and sometimes they cannot update them all quickly:

image.png

This option won't we available in home products. We strongly recommend updating Windows 10 to the latest version 22H2 to get your machine updated and protected against exploits targeting recently discovered vulnerabilities. Should you experience performance issues after upgrade to Windows 10 22H2, it could be that Windows Defender is active together with ESET. Our technical support should be able to assist you with troubleshooting if the issue actually goes away after temporarily uninstalling ESET.

Will there still be updates?
So that I don't occupy the wrong forum, you can delete my posts. :)