VC_redist 2008 SP1 can't be installed.

sdnian

I'm trying to install VC_redist 2008 sp1, and I'm getting the following error message.

Screenshot_2023-07-28_16-32-17.png.253de2194dfc4dbdaa616e61dce8e2e0.png

If I disable real-time file system protection, the installation will be successful.

I tried installing VC_redist 2022 and did not encounter this problem.

The system is Windows 11 22H2 x64 , EEA 10.1.2046.0.

How to fix this issue?

• Administrators

Since this will require further investigation and logs, please raise a support ticket.

For sure we'll need the following for a start: 1, ELC logs from the machine, 2, a Procmon log from time when the issue occurs created with Self-defense disabled. Anyways, colleagues from technical support will provide exact instructions and help you troubleshoot the issue.

On 7/28/2023 at 4:43 PM, Marcos said:

Since this will require further investigation and logs, please raise a support ticket.

For sure we'll need the following for a start: 1, ESET Log Collector logs from the machine, 2, a Procmon log from time when the issue occurs created with Self-defense disabled. Anyways, colleagues from technical support will provide exact instructions and help you troubleshoot the issue.

I submitted a support ticket last Friday, but no any response so far. The logs you mentioned is below, can you see what the problem is? Or pass it on to the appropriate person? Thanks!

Logfile.zipeea_logs.zip

• 2 months later...

Hello, did anyone found a solution?

I had issue with two software installs that required vc redist that failed with 1935 for VC REDIST 2008 and 1603 for VC REDIST 2005 (i know, it's old).

Both on two different windows 11 computers. Didn't have any issue on windows 10 + ESET.

Seems like a rights issue.

After uninstalling eset, I could install the softwares and dependencies, then I reinstalled ESET.

If you have a fix, please help.

Eset 10.1.2050.0 + Windows 11 22h2 (two different computers)

Edited by Sylvain_f

• Administrators

Please provide a Procmon log from time when the issue occurs. Beforehand temporarily disable Protected service in the advanced setup and reboot the machine.