Need to reopen a topic

The ESET bug blocks all in and out traffic until the ESET proxy is not connected, it should work but it is not right now.

• Administrators

Topics are closed automatically if there is no reply within 30 days. Please raise a support ticket for help with troubleshooting the issue.

20 hours ago, Marcos said:

Topics are closed automatically if there is no reply within 30 days. Please raise a support ticket for help with troubleshooting the issue.

@Marcos I have had one open since January of this year, the bug was in the beta and was not fixed (a nasty one as you are completely blocked from any internet access in or out due to the bug) and made it into the stable that I have had to disconnect the ESET proxy or remove it from the Network preference (it prompts to readd at log in).  I did not respond to it much as it was slow on support getting a response.

• 3 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators

Hello,

On 7/28/2023 at 3:13 PM, Chas4 said:

EU support closed the ticket without a solution 

I hope we are speaking of the same issue / ticket.
Is it the issue, which is supposed to be fixed in the upcoming version 7.4?
I think there is a work-around available, for sure that is not a fix but it should enable you to use the product until the proper fix is available...

Yep, same ticket, seems to be a pattern with both US and global ESET support closing tickets with no fix.

I know about the work around tho it does nothing due to a strange bug in macOS installer as it will auto readd the proxy and you are stuck at the same spot, it is faster to just disconnect the proxy at every log in.

The customer service thing to do is to leave it open since the stable update to v7 did not fix it nor did the other one they said would fix it.  I am not interested nor is anyone in the world interested in having to open multiple tickets for the same issue.  Also the bug is the exact same as the one I reported in the beta back in January 2023.

• Administrators

I've checked the history of the support tickets and it appears the bug with WAP internally tracked under P_EECSM-4137 was fixed in ESET CyberSecurity v7.3.3700.0 released on June 1, 2023.

• ESET Moderators
17 hours ago, Chas4 said:

It was not fixed in that version & I have been told by hq support 7.4x will have a fix

I assume it made sense for the support to close the ticket, as the fix is prepared and just need to be released with a new product version. 

4 hours ago, Peter Randziak said:

I assume it made sense for the support to close the ticket, as the fix is prepared and just need to be released with a new product version. 

Does not make sense since it has been a few beta versions and a few stables and last I was told by support it was not even in beta yet for 7.4.  Trying not to have 3+ tickets for the same issue like I have had to do in the past.