Banking Ridirection Not Working

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Latest ESET SS 16.1.14.0, windows 10 up to date so is FF 115 and adding my bank to protected websites, still not working.

I cleared Firefox cache, cookies, browsers history all together, reinstalled ESET SS with no change.

I just tried with Edge and initially for the first time worked, then  stopped and now behaves like with FF

Edited by URBAN0

The always protected can be set so, but I have it set so that the protected browser is activated only when selecting a bank page.

This has also worked properly until the update of Firefox.

3 hours ago, reisender1967 said:

I have the same problem with bank protection since i updated to Firefox115

Same here. Looks like Firefox ver. 115 busted redirection to protected B&PP defined web sites.

But I also notice EDGE doesn't work either, so it can't be FF alone

Edited by URBAN0

1 hour ago, URBAN0 said:

But I also notice EDGE doesn't work either, so it can't be FF alone

No problem with redirection to protected B&PP defined web sites using Edge.

Yah I have tried clearing catch and all temp files, still no go on both FF and EDGE, this was never the issue till  recently, what could be the problem?

Edited by URBAN0

This is starting to get annoying.  Reinstalled ESET SS again, started from scratch and EDGE still doesn't work. Nothing works unless I do all secure browsers which is not how I want this to work🙁

There also might be issues with B&PP use in Edge.

When I was testing earlier to see if redirection works there which it does, I noticed this in my Eset B&PP log; a first for anything being logged there. There were three identical entries;

Time;Action;File;Hash;Information;User
7/5/2023 11:33:35 AM;Blocked;C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\250e46b4-e4ae-4f85-86d4-e9ae95e5a00f.tmp;60F3443CA1B0C4D1B7C559898001E933A1BC730F;Extension ID: jmjflgjpcpepeafmmgdpfkogkghcpiha;xxxxxxx

This is a chrome extension which has zero detections at VT. Also the only extension I have installed on Edge is uBlock Origin. As such, I have no clue why B&PP blocked this extension.

EDIT - Here's what Microsoft says the extensions is;

It seems not an ordinary extension.

If you looked into manifest.json under that folder, you could see its name and description.
>"name": "Update CWS CTA Button",
>"description": "Change CTA on CWS from 'Add to Chrome' to 'Get' and 'Remove from Chrome' to 'Remove'",
Try visit Chrome Web Store thru the link on edge://extensions page and move to any extension's page. 'Add to Chrome' button is displayed as 'Get'.
Since this feature(msEnableCWSButtonUpdate) is in Experiments/Field Trials, it works when msEnableCWSButtonUpdate is enabled. Whether it is enabled or disabled depends on configuration service(online).

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/new-extensions-that-come-with-the-canary-version/m-p/3711116

Edited by itman

This is with FF 113.01 and I also did other thing and found this....

If I type e.g. "cibc", both Edge and FF takes you to a # of CIBC links which are legitimate, but with some there is no redirection especially if cibconline is one word if there is cibc.com, it redirects every time and this was never the issue.

So, if I go "cibc.com" it redirects you every time, but if I add "cibc.com" to protected websites, it still doesn't work.

Also, this works with both EDGE and FF 113, but after updating to FF 115 which has been confirm by others, its broken.

I have this feeling, beside teh FF115 brakes this, but something is not quite right with ESET's redirection.

32 minutes ago, itman said:

There also might be issues with B&PP use in Edge.

When I was testing earlier to see if redirection works there which it does, I noticed this in my Eset B&PP log; a first for anything being logged there. There were three identical entries;

Time;Action;File;Hash;Information;User
7/5/2023 11:33:35 AM;Blocked;C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\250e46b4-e4ae-4f85-86d4-e9ae95e5a00f.tmp;60F3443CA1B0C4D1B7C559898001E933A1BC730F;Extension ID: jmjflgjpcpepeafmmgdpfkogkghcpiha;xxxxxxx

This is a chrome extension which has zero detections at VT. Also the only extension I have installed on Edge is uBlock Origin. As such, I have no clue why B&PP blocked this extension.

EDIT - Here's what Microsoft says the extensions is;

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/new-extensions-that-come-with-the-canary-version/m-p/3711116

Thank you itman, as always, you are very helpful.

Edited by URBAN0

9 minutes ago, Glassertje said:

Firefox released an update (115.0.1), maybe it is fixed?

Problem persists in this version.

"My gut is telling me" it's going to take Eset a while to fix this redirection problem.

• Administrators

Support for redirection in Firefox v115 will be added later this month. We recommend either using the Secure-all-browsers mode or using the isolated browser accessible via the BPP desktop shortcut.

36 minutes ago, tommy456 said:

It's back working for me after a brief period of it not working   could have been a module update 

Still not working in FF 115.0.2 for me.

[ "or using the......  isolated browser accessible via the BPP desktop shortcut."   ]

Can someone remind me how I get that page?  -  Always seen when I don't need it.... I'm FF105.0.2, also ....

2 hours ago, COStark26 said:

"or using the......  isolated browser accessible via the BPP desktop shortcut."   

Can someone remind me how I get that page? 

Eset should have created the B&PP shortcut icon on your desktop when you installed Eset per below screenshot;

Eset_Desktop.png.4f10c30d041d9ea2c1c155405eabaa99.png

If the icon is not on your desktop, you can create the icon by opening Eset folder in Win 10/11 settings. Then drag the icon to your desktop per below screen shot;

Eset_Settings.png.95c8c75cc141d557f878502071029438.png

Finally, B&PP browser can be accessed from Eset GUI home page per below screen shot;

Eset_GUI.thumb.png.5d46bf8e0195b32b96dbbdc524f26134.png

I just noticed something else in regards to FireFox. All my uBlock Origin filter lists were out of date. I let it sit for awhile and all the filter lists updated. I will be also monitoring this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 7/24/2023 at 4:51 PM, URBAN0 said:

16.2.11.0 is out and banking redirection in Firefox still not fixed.

Support for FIrefox 115 in Banking and payment protection will be added independently of the program version in the Banking and payment protection module 1316.