Console login audit

Lockbits

• ESET Staff

Hi @Lockbits,

It seems that this is a feature being worked on for a future release of the EEE Server. It shouldn't be showing under the Events->Filter->Categories Drop Down box at this time and I thank you for bringing this to our attention. We shall rectify this in a future release of the EEE Server.

Thank you,

Kieran

14 minutes ago, Kstainton said:

Hi @Lockbits,

It seems that this is a feature being worked on for a future release of the EEE Server. It shouldn't be showing under the Events->Filter->Categories Drop Down box at this time and I thank you for bringing this to our attention. We shall rectify this in a future release of the EEE Server.

Thank you,

Kieran

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. 
Do you know when approximately it’s going to be added? I ask because our customer is a company ISO 27001 certified and they need this login audit feature.

Regards. 

• ESET Staff

Hi @Lockbits,

However, to add to this, I wonder if the Category 'Console Authentication Event' within the EEE Server->Control Panel->Organization->Events would help do what you are looking for, it logs EEE Server Logins as well as which user it was?

image.png

Just click 'Filter' and select 'Console Authentication Event' under Categories.

Thank you,

Kieran

37 minutes ago, Kstainton said:

Hi @Lockbits,

However, to add to this, I wonder if the Category 'Console Authentication Event' within the EEE Server->Control Panel->Organization->Events would help do what you are looking for, it logs EEE Server Logins as well as which user it was?

image.png

Just click 'Filter' and select 'Console Authentication Event' under Categories.

Thank you,

Kieran

Hi,

Yes, that data is what we're looking for, however for audit purpose it's important to be able to export information and also apply some filter to pinpoint particular users.

Can you add these features to the request list? Maybe a report template considering this data is useful in the Reporting section.

Thank you.

Just now, Lockbits said:

Hi,

Yes, that data is what we're looking for, however for audit purpose it's important to be able to export information and also apply some filter to pinpoint particular users.

Can you add these features to the request list? Maybe a report template considering this data is useful in the Reporting section.

Thank you.

I forgot to mention that this customer also asked for MFA to the users that have access to ESET Endpoint Encryption Server console and AFAIK it's not possible. Is this feature in the roadmap?

Thank you.

• ESET Staff
1 hour ago, Lockbits said:

Hi,

Thank you.

I am afraid you cannot export the information, I will discuss it with the team to see if that can be a future addition to allow the 'Exportation of Users who have logged into the EEE Server'.

1 hour ago, Lockbits said:

I forgot to mention that this customer also asked for MFA to the users that have access to ESET Endpoint Encryption Server console and AFAIK it's not possible. Is this feature in the roadmap?

Thank you.

By what I can see this isn't on the EEE Server Roadmap, I can, much like the above discuss it with the team and see if this is something we can look at for a future addition to the EEE Server.

Thank you,

Kieran