netprotd 99% CPU on macOS

I'm having the issue that the web filter is running at 99% CPU even though I'm not doing anything special at all.

Also, it is set to only filter email ports 110 and 143 which I'm not even using. 

Yes, I'm also creating a support ticket and collecting logs but I wanted to post this here so others can know they are not alone.

Hey, I'm seeing the same on my test machines. netprotd comes back to 99% (seems like it's not multithreaded) after I killed it and even after a reboot.

This is the only machine I'm running v7 on, but I'll try to setup another computer to test it there as well.

• Administrators

Please collect logs as per the instructions at https://support.eset.com/en/kb3404, open a ticket with your local ESET distributor and supply them with the generated archive when asked. If the size of collected logs doesn't exceed 21 MB, you can attach them in the submission form.

Same problem - fresh installation of 7.1.1700.0 on an Intel based Mac (one of our many company laptops).

So far I suspect it could be a problem with Full Disk Access which we distribute via MDM on this laptop it's not enabled after the ESET installation. Still investigating why....

Saying so if this is the reason, the Agent should behave differently.

17 hours ago, MJ2 said:

Same problem - fresh installation of 7.1.1700.0 on an Intel based Mac (one of our many company laptops).

So far I suspect it could be a problem with Full Disk Access which we distribute via MDM on this laptop it's not enabled after the ESET installation. Still investigating why....

Saying so if this is the reason, the Agent should behave differently.

In my case the profile has been there all of the time. And netprotd sounds more like the web traffic filter.

I'm seeing this only on the machines I update from v6 to v7. It *seems* like the problem went away, after I uninstalled the ESET Endpoint Antivirus via the web management console and redeployed it again afterwards.

I'm running more tests today, but maybe this helps someone else as well.

I got the problem back. If I have to reinstall ESET once a week on every computer it is kind of a show stopper to be honest...

Did anyone have any other insights?