No access to NAS

Go to solution Solved by Rovo1968,

Since a few days I can't backup or restore from my NAS. The service-screen keeps telling "Starting" or "Stopping". In ESS 7 I've, as far as I know, opened the port (22936). Novastor keeps telling there is "no connection with engine" (quote "connecting to engine", after a few minutes: Unable to allocate the backup engine).

In Services (Windows 8.1 pro) there is no possibility to Stop, start or restart the service.

It have been working and I have made backups. I don't now what has been changed in the meantime.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

• Administrators

Does temporarily disabling firewall help? If so, have you tried switching it to learning mode so that all necessary rules are created automatically?

• Solution

It seems that Novastor is not quite Windows 8.1 (pro) compatible. I've also installed Novastor in Windows 7 and there it works.

In Windows 8.1 i've installed and uninstalled Novastor several times but it still doesn't work. The service keeps telling Starting or Stopping.

I also tried by changing the startup-status to manual. After rebooting the service was still starting instead of "in execution"(in Dutch: Wordt uitgevoerd).

Now I've definitely uninstalled Novastor from Windows 8.1 and i'm trying it from the other side: via the IP-adres. I hope this will work.

If you think that Novastor is causing the problem then I can't say no, but on their website they state:

Microsoft-Compatible: Supports Windows 8.1.

So maybe it depends on what version of the software you have.

Edited by rugk