Good night, Guys, what I'm looking for is a specific thing. I am wanting to PAUSE ESET to update Windows Security known as Windows Defender.
I know that a lot of people will say that you don't need it, but as I used other antivirus I could Pause Antivirus and be able to update Windows Defender, with ESET I can't. I wanted to know how and what makes me Pause ESET and be able to update Windows Defender to the new version!

• Administrators

Windows Defender activates automatically when you disable real-time protection in the advanced setup. From that moment on ESET will stop protecting you and Defender take care of real-time scanning.

28 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Windows Defender activates automatically when you disable real-time protection in the advanced setup. From that moment on ESET will stop protecting you and Defender take care of real-time scanning.

I'm just wanting to pause ESET to update Windows Defender.
How do you do?

34 minutes ago, Tonyset said:

Look at the link you sent even doing the procedure you informed. Even so, when I went to Windows Update, Windows Defender did not update its database and did not update its platform.

Do you know why I ask this question?
Because when I paused KASPERKY's antivirus and went to windows update, I was able to download updates for windows defender and update its platform.
With Eset I can't do this even while pausing.
What do I have to do without removing ESET?

• Administrators

Windows Defender updates can be downloaded while ESET is fully active. It must work also because having another AV installed does not affect periodic scanning by WD.

Are you able to reproduce issues with updating WD at any time? If so, does temporarily disabling protocol filtering make a difference?

You can keep WD sigs. updated by setting WD to perform periodic scanning via Windows Security Center. The downside of this is the entire WD engine loads into memory at system startup time and basically sits there doing nothing until a periodic scan is run.

The alternative is to temporarily disable Eset real-time protection. After this done, WD real-time protection should auto enable via WSC monitoring. At this time, you can force an update of WD sigs. Then re-enable Eset real-time protection.

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

Windows Defender updates can be downloaded while ESET is fully active. It must work also because having another AV installed does not affect periodic scanning by WD.

Are you able to reproduce issues with updating WD at any time? If so, does temporarily disabling protocol filtering make a difference?

I'm not having a problem.
What I want to do is disable Eset and be able to update WD and then enable Eset. I could do this with other AVs. but with eset I can't. I wanted to know if there is any way to do it?

1 hour ago, itman said:

You can keep WD sigs. updated by setting WD to perform periodic scanning via Windows Security Center. The downside of this is the entire WD engine loads into memory at system startup time and basically sits there doing nothing until a periodic scan is run.

The alternative is to temporarily disable Eset real-time protection. After this done, WD real-time protection should auto enable via WSC monitoring. At this time, you can force an update of WD sigs. Then re-enable Eset real-time protection.

I have disabled Eset's real-time protection. I went to Windows Upadat that I put for Windows to be updated, but there was no update for WD.
I want to update WD and I can't.

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

Thank you for your help.

1 hour ago, itman said:

Thank you for your help.

I Disabled Real-Time Protection in Adv Settings, got a W10 Notification -- BOTH ESET And Defender were OFF -- BUT (as Marcos stated) Defender shows Active in Settings / Virus & Threat Protection.

@itman.... HOW do you "force the WD Update sigs" -- WHAT Tells you it's Ready to do so -- and WSC Monitoring is over a few hours to detect/offer? or Into Next day?

Sorry for confusion but clarifications are appreciated.

12 minutes ago, COStark26 said:

I Disabled Real-Time Protection in Adv Settings, got a W10 Notification -- BOTH ESET And Defender were OFF -- BUT (as Marcos stated) Defender shows Active in Settings / Virus & Threat Protection.

@itman.... HOW do you "force the WD Update sigs" -- WHAT Tells you it's Ready to do so -- and WSC Monitoring is over a few hours to detect/offer? or Into Next day?

Sorry for confusion but clarifications are appreciated.

Edit timer got me.

In Settings/ Win Security / Virus-Threat Protect .. at bottom I clk'd Check for Updates and it appeared to be doing so.

Hard to Find page for - What should all Ver's be Now -- BUT I assume it's up-to-date. IS IT THAT simple?