Firewall

baran

hi guys

I want to create a rule in the firewall so that only two specified IPs are connected to each other and other IPs are not connected to two specified IPs.

• Administrators

Unfortunately it's not clear what you mean by "other IPs are not connected to two specified IPs". More information is needed.

You can use interactive mode to ask about communications and then you can edit created rules and make them more generic.

such as my network range :172.17.1.0/24

client 1:172.17.1.10

client 2:172.17.1.12 

These two IPs should communicate with each other, but not with other people in this range.(tcp/udp,icmp,rdp,......)

On 8/2/2022 at 12:08 AM, baran said:

such as my network range :172.17.1.0/24

client 1:172.17.1.10

client 2:172.17.1.12 

These two IPs should communicate with each other, but not with other people in this range.(tcp/udp,icmp,rdp,......)

For your existing Eset created network connection, change its protection type to "Untrusted."

Next, modify Eset Network Trusted Zone setting by adding the above two IP addresses plus your router's IPv4 address to the Trusted Zone per the below screen shot. Assumed is you have no IPv6 connectivity?

Note: the above assumes no other extenuating network configuration such as VPN usage, etc. exists. Also, you won't be able to use Eset's Network Inspector feature since it only works on a trusted network.

Eset_Untrusted.thumb.png.e41a37835f410d674420a7ca81d00c90.png

Edited by itman