ESET Protect 9.1.x Third Part Components

Go to solution Solved by Peter_J,

After update to ESET Protect 9.1 I have an alert about Third Part Components but don´t show what need update
Operating System Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard 6.3.9600.20478
Database server MySQL 5.6.51-l
Java Runtime Environment (JRE)1.8.0_332

My OS is Windows Server 2012 R2 6.3.9600.20478 with no updates available

JRE installed is the last version amazon-corretto-8.332.08.1-windows-x64-jdk
MySQL 5.6.5 is working great no need to update

How to dispense or fix this alert

ESET.png

I had this same message too, but I had outdate Tomcat and Java.  I have since upgraded Tomcat and am going to try to install JDK 17 or 18.  If I had to guess, that alert will stay there until all third party components are upgraded.  I have a similar complaint about the licensing warning.  I have 100 licenses and it starts throwing a warning when I hit 90.  Super annoying!

I had this same message too, but I had outdated Tomcat and Java.  I have since upgraded Tomcat to 9.0.64 through the all-in-one installer and am going to install JDK 17 or 18.  If I had to guess, that alert will stay there until all third-party components are upgraded.  I have a similar complaint about the licensing warning.  I have 100 licenses and it starts throwing a warning when I hit 90.  Super annoying!

UPDATE:  I just installed JDK 18, even though they only show JDK 17 is supported and that warning message went away when I logged into ESET PROTECT again.  In fact, I don't even see an option to check to see if I have any outdated third-party components.  

Edited by T3chGuy007

• ESET Staff

It might be your mySQL database: MySQL 5.6 reached the End of Life in February 2021. We recommend that you upgrade your MySQL database server to version 5.7 and later.

More info about db requirements: https://help.eset.com/protect_install/91/en-US/database_requirements.html

1. Does ESET Protect 9.1 support Microsoft SQL Server 2017 RT Standard Edition (64-bit) 14.0.3445.2?

2. Why is Java Runtime Environment 1.8.333 deprecated by ESET Protect 9.1?

Edited by labynko