Is there a problem with providing ESET Virus detection updates?

azeu666
Go to solution Solved by azeu666,

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

We expect a new update to be built and released in the evening (CEST).

Thank you for the response. Why the delay as ESET on average releases >= four updates per day?

2 hours ago, azeu666 said:

Thank you for the response. Why the delay as ESET on average releases >= four updates per day?

24 hours have elapsed since the last virus update. I wish ESET were forthcoming in providing an explanation for the delay. During this period, I received two malware files not detected by ESET's product but detected by other antivirus suppliers. As a business customer, I find this behavior appalling.

• Administrators

A fully redundant clustered system used also for building and testing the engine suffered difficulties, however, we restored the other protection mechanisms, such as LiveGrid, LiveGuard, pico updates, etc. to ensure that you were protected against most of threats that an engine would have protected you from as well. The IT team has been working hard on a resolution with the hardware supplier. We expect a resolution soon. In the mean time, ESET will keep protecting you from threats via the above mentioned mechanisms as well as via the built-in protection features.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

UPDATE: The problem was resolved and engine 25543 was released about 2 hours ago.

Thank you for the explanation. Perhaps in the future, ESET will be more 'up front' with an explanation as all systems

encounter 'difficulties'.

• Solution

Marcos advised: " .......we restored the other protection mechanisms, such as LiveGrid, LiveGuard, pico updates,........"

Unfortunately, customers using ESET Endpoint Antivirus Linux do not receive pico updates and Web Access protection is not available.

hello - does this update hold up also include version updates?  Version 15.2.11.0 updated on my other 3 computers over the weekend, but my laptop since then has not been able to receive it - Still running 15.1.12.0.  Thank you.

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, DaveS11 said:

hello - does this update hold up also include version updates?  Version 15.2.11.0 updated on my other 3 computers over the weekend, but my laptop since then has not been able to receive it - Still running 15.1.12.0.  Thank you.

This should be unrelated to the subject of this topic. Does clearing update cache resolve the issue?

image.png