Windows 11 22H2

Go to solution Solved by Peter Randziak,

• ESET Insiders

As Windows 11 22H2 was released to the Release Preview Insiders yesterday I gave it a go and it was so broken that I had to restore a backup from yesterday morning. Any known issues with ESSP and 22H2? I do realize it is not officially released to everyone but it will be at some point. I am thinking about trying again in case it was an issue with the upgrade process itself but if it is broken again then I need to identify why that is and report issues to the vendor where the conflict lies so it can be resolved by the official release. I am not currently blaming any ESET software but if there are known compatibility issues it will shorten my troubleshooting.

• ESET Insiders

Well, I'll give my own answer. So far it seems ok but "secure all browsers" does not work. With 22H2 browsers will not launch with this setting. Firefox gives a "couldn't load xpcom" error until I turned this setting off. Otherwise I have seen no other issues. Yet.

15 minutes ago, xxJackxx said:

Well, I'll give my own answer. So far it seems ok but "secure all browsers" does not work. With 22H2 browsers will not launch with this setting. Firefox gives a "couldn't load xpcom" error until I turned this setting off. Otherwise I have seen no other issues. Yet.

Try using vivaldi browser

• ESET Moderators
  • Solution

Hello @xxJackxx

16 hours ago, xxJackxx said:

With 22H2 browsers will not launch with this setting. Firefox gives a "couldn't load xpcom" error until I turned this setting off.

we released Banking & payment protection module 1272 on pre-release channel, which should address it.

Can you switch to pre-release updates and try it with it?

Peter

• ESET Insiders
1 hour ago, Peter Randziak said:

Hello @xxJackxx

we released Banking & payment protection module 1272 on pre-release channel, which should address it.

Can you switch to pre-release updates and try it with it?

Peter

I changed to pre-release and it seems to be working fine now. Thanks.

• ESET Insiders

As a follow up though this seemed to work at first, when I was on another forum and started typing a reply to a discussion my browser crashed and disappeared. This happened with Firefox and then again the same exact thing happened in Edge. I disable "secure all browsers" and they both work without the crash.

• ESET Insiders

Ok, last post on this. After discovering other issues I have rolled back to 21H2 with no short term intentions to update to 22H2 again. I do not feel that it is ready to go.