"ESET home" inutility......

rotaru

Have several ESET licenses and PC's for family. All licenses and PC's are registered and linked to "ESET home"

I need to assign a new license to a laptop on which I do not have physical access (my daughter's laptop); yet I cannot do it.

I have to travel to her house, get the laptop and change the license from inside the application.

So, what's the point in having "ESET home" if a basic operation like this cannot be performed?????

• rotaru changed the title to "ESET home" inutility......
  • Administrators

You don't have to have physical access to the computer. In ESET HOME, select Devices -> Add a new device -> Select the OS -> Select the desired license -> Enter the recipient email address:

image.png

The recipient will receive an email with a download link. Clicking the link will download, install, activate and connect the product with your ESET HOME account automatically, the user will just basically click through the installation wizard (Next -> Next,...)

scr.png

Hello Marcos,

I know that, but is even more complicated.

ESET is installed, up and running on the remote PC. I can simply send the new key to the PC owner and ask to replace the key, without installing or uninstalling.

The issue is, if you have old parents who are not technical experts.

Would have been such elegant to change the key from inside "ESET home" as long as that PC is linked to my account.

• Administrators

I've inquired the product manager about it and was told that your requested feature is planned and on the to-do list, no ETA yet, however.

Hi, I've just registered here for asking this.

So, I have have computer with license "A" that expired recently and I bought another license, "B", because, let's say, I own more computers now and I'd like to use 3-devices instead of extend 1-device license.

And if I don't have physical access to this computer I cannot change remotely license A for B on that computer using eset Home webpage.

9 minutes ago, asymon said:

And if I don't have physical access to this computer I cannot change remotely license A for B on that computer using eset Home webpage.

Yes, this was my original question / issue.

You cannot.