ESET PROTECT on Rocky Linux

Centos os is currently looking to enter the end of life and it doesn't seem like it will continue

Looking at Rocky OS, there is a high possibility that this OS will replace Centos in the future

as far as I tried ESET PROTECT can be installed and run well on this operating system, I also include the configuration I use (name file : Rocky-os-Linux85-EP.txt) --+ not much different from redhat 8.

will ESET PROTECT officially support Rocky Linux in the future?

because now I see that the operating system supported by ESET PROTECT is not listed for this type of operating system.

Rocky-os-Linux85-EP.txt

• Most Valued Members
10 minutes ago, gwin said:

Centos os is currently looking to enter the end of life and it doesn't seem like it will continue

Looking at Rocky OS, there is a high possibility that this OS will replace Centos in the future

as far as I tried ESET PROTECT can be installed and run well on this operating system, I also include the configuration I use (name file : Rocky-os-Linux85-EP.txt) --+ not much different from redhat 8.

will ESET PROTECT officially support Rocky Linux in the future?

because now I see that the operating system supported by ESET PROTECT is not listed for this type of operating system.

Rocky-os-Linux85-EP.txtUnavailable

Since CentOS is based on RHEL , maybe going to RHEL straight is better option or switching to Ubuntu? since Rocky isn't supported and I doubt support will be added that fast.

Rocky could work normal since it's also Linux kernel , but if one day you needed support , once you will say that it's RockyLinux , then support will be able to answer you that it's unsupported operating system therefore it's not possible to help.

Edited by Nightowl

11 minutes ago, Nightowl said:

Since CentOS is based on RHEL , maybe going to RHEL straight is better option or switching to Ubuntu? since Rocky isn't supported and I doubt support will be added that fast.

Rocky could work normal since it's also Linux kernel , but if one day you needed support , once you will say that it's RockyLinux , then support will be able to answer you that it's unsupported operating system therefore it's not possible to help.

yaa  i aggre with you, ubuntu one of better option to switch, i use ubuntu for my real eset protect services

I wonder if there is an alternative for centos officially, because I see for ova eset protect still using centos base.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...