Layout And Window Size

I know to many this is a moot point but, I'm wondering if there will ever be a time when Eset will program their software so that it remembers the size of the screen set by the user.

I always resize the app screen so that it will show all the information I want in a glimpse, specially in the Network Connections screen, but it always resizes it back to the default size.

It's not that much to ask right?

I mean that I make the window bigger, I don't use the default size, and it NEVER REMEMBERS IT. I have been saying this since the V4, never to have it fixed. Don't know if it's by default or if it's a bug and Eset just doesn't care.

Every other security app I've used (except Norton) remembers the window size when I change it, not ESS.

Ahh ok what he wants to say. He just wants that ESET remembers the previous Window size if he adjust a Window.

E.g. the main GUI window:

1. He opens it and resizes the window until he likes the new size.
  2. Then he reboots his computer and if he again opens the window it is the default view.
    And here he wants that this window "remembers" it's size and gets the size back it has before.

And this he would also like with any other windows (e.g. the network connections).

As an example you can open notepad.exe, resize it, close it and restart it. It will remember its size and it will have the same size as before.

I think it is simple to implement and it can improve the usability of the program a bit and so I see nothing that would speak against it.

• Administrators

I see now and reproduced the issue too. I've been under the impression that the size is saved upon exit, however, it seems this functionality was removed or not functioning in v6+. I've asked engineers if this is expected behavior or if it should be reported as a bug.

• Most Valued Members

I see now and reproduced the issue too. I've been under the impression that the size is saved upon exit, however, it seems this functionality was removed or not functioning in v6+. I've asked engineers if this is expected behavior or if it should be reported as a bug.

Could this also be considered or looked into for Cyber Security (and Pro) as well? Changing the window size and restarting the Mac causes the window to go back to default.

• ESET Insiders

As a work around until it finally does get fixed (yes, it's been reported many times):

Open the GUI and adjust the size and screen position to your liking.

Hold down the 'Shift' key and press the red 'x' at the top RHS to exit the GUI.

Your preferred size and position should now be saved.

As a work around until it finally does get fixed (yes, it's been reported many times):

Yes you're right!

So it seems that it is a bug that it isn't saved during the shutdown.

I have seen and tried stackz solution in the past, and it does indeed work, for a while at least. But after some time it stops working for some reason and the position is no longer remembered. And then one can just do the "shift" quick fix to make it work again. :)

Thanks, glad you could replicate it, and if it is working as intended -don't know why-... can you make a suggestion to modify the behavior so that it does remember window size and layout?

Thank you!! And everyone who pitched in on this!

Thanks, glad you could replicate it, and if it is working as intended -don't know why-... can you make a suggestion to modify the behavior so that it does remember window size and layout?

Thank you!! And everyone who pitched in on this!

You're welcome, but "working as intended"?

He was able to reproduce the issue so he was able to see what's wrong.

He also said that this worked in version 5 (or below), but as I hope you don't want to switch to version 5 because of this so look at the already posted workaround:

And the suggestion... is simple :):

The developers just have to add the some code lines so that the window size/position will be saved before shutdown.

Edited by rugk

• 4 weeks later...