Eset Beta Phase(S) (But Not Of The Security Suites)

rugk

The first thing that is in BETA is the Augmented Reality App. There I can understand that it is in BETA phase, alghough I don't noticed any errors (maybe except that the ESET android sometimes tilt to the front). Or do you want to add new markers (e.g. the ESET logo) to the app?

The next BETA I can't understand. On the virusradar page(s) there stands in the header "Virus Radar BETA". But AFAIK the virusradar is online a few years, isn't it? And it is still in BETA?

I can only guess that the reason the Virusradar site is still in Beta is because they are not done with it yet. I don't see a problem with keeping the Beta up there until its done. Its also good for users to know incase they find a problem on the site and they see the "Beta" they know its still not finished yet.  :)

Not finished after years...?

because they are not done with it yet.

And what should they still do?

Of course ESET will never be finished with the site, because VSD updates are added regulary. And if this would be the reason for the BETA then the site would never get out of the BETA state... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

My question is still not answered completely...

And what's with the Augmented Reality App?

Edited by rugk

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Also, since development is controlled and the direction it moves in is the sole discretionary decision of ESET's, they can take as they need before converting to production, live, or released from BETA.

I don't know of any best practices for Beta on sites and software myself.

:)