Online banking protection

Hello, I'm using eset internet security 15.0.21.0 on Windows 10. I'm using a standard Windows account. I have google chrome installed without administrator privileges (it is not in program files). Google chrome is my default browser. Unfortunately, eset runs internet explorer as a safe browser. On another computer I have google chrome installed in the program files and eset runs chrome as a safe browser. How can I make google chrome installed in C \ user a safe eset browser? Sorry for my english, i use google translator

I don't want to risk losing stability with pre-release updates. (Unless I'm in error and these updates are also safe and stable).

I checked it on an account with administrator privileges. I have installed google chrome on the administrator account without admin rights (in 😄 \ user) and on the admin account eset normally uses the chrome browser for safe banking. Only the standard account has the problem and internet explorer starts.

Or maybe there is another solution? I could set eset to protect all browsers, but I don't know how to remove the green frame from the browser, because it's a bit annoying. I cannot install the ublock origin extension in a secure browser either. : /

Currently, I have set microsoft edge as my default browser on my standard account. It is definitely better as a safe browser than the old internet explorer.

• Administrators

Pre-release updates have passed QA tests and were found to be suitable for release. In 99% same modules from the pre-release channel are later released for all users. If we get no feedback from users with pre-release modules, these are released for all typically after a couple of days.

• 3 weeks later...

I tested it and now it works like this, when google chrome is turned off (set as default browser) and I run eset banking protection, internet explorer starts.
When the regular google chrome is running and at the same time I run the safe eset browser, the protected google chrome starts. Something eset has a problem running google chrome as a safe browser when it is turned off.

I haven't installed Pre-release updates

Google chrome  97.0.4692.71 (installed on the standard account (in c user))

BPP 1251

Windows 10 10.0.19044

When I set edge as my default browser, eset always uses it, even when it is turned off.

• ESET Staff
3 hours ago, Tp6ojNfYgWweHa said:

I tested it and now it works like this, when google chrome is turned off (set as default browser) and I run eset banking protection, internet explorer starts.
When the regular google chrome is running and at the same time I run the safe eset browser, the protected google chrome starts. Something eset has a problem running google chrome as a safe browser when it is turned off.

Thanks for report, we're able to replicate an issue in our environment. We will check it and keep you informed.

• 4 weeks later...