Notification not clearing

peteyt
Go to solution Solved by Peter Randziak,

• Most Valued Members

I have reported this possible bug via the android app's built in support but thought I'd also post it on here. I should also note that I have my app set for English but the automatic reply came to my email in Slovak. I should also note I'm using the latest android version, but the beta.

Basically when downloading an app eset will show a notification on android that it is scanning the new app. You can see the notification by dragging the top of the phone. This notification never goes but opening eset you can see the scan finished. The same behaviour happens when running a manual scan. I have to restart the device for this to go away.

My reference is #00247631

• ESET Moderators

Hello @peteyt

I use the BETA version too and noticed the bug as well. The dev team has it tracked to fix it (P_EMSA-10346).

11 hours ago, peteyt said:

should also note that I have my app set for English but the automatic reply came to my email in Slovak.

I'm checking it. I guess the BETA tickets for EMSA are routed to HQ support, but the reply still should be in your language...

Peter

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Peter Randziak said:

Hello @peteyt

I use the BETA version too and noticed the bug as well. The dev team has it tracked to fix it (P_EMSA-10346).

I'm checking it. I guess the BETA tickets for EMSA are routed to HQ support, but the reply still should be in your language...

Peter

Good to know it's reproducible as it was starting to bug me

• ESET Moderators
  • Solution

Hello @peteyt,

the fix for the stuck notification has been committed so new builds should have it fixed.

When it comes to e-mail notification in Slovak language it seems you submitted the ticket directly from the application and you have it activated with your Insider license (those are registered on ESET HQ, which is in Slovakia), thus you received the autoreply in Slovak language...

Peter

• Most Valued Members
58 minutes ago, Peter Randziak said:

Hello @peteyt,

the fix for the stuck notification has been committed so new builds should have it fixed.

When it comes to e-mail notification in Slovak language it seems you submitted the ticket directly from the application and you have it activated with your Insider license (those are registered on ESET HQ, which is in Slovakia), thus you received the autoreply in Slovak language...

Peter

Ah good to know. Do you think it'll take a while for the fix?

• ESET Moderators

I do not have an info on next planned BETA release, but it seems the new versions are being released in a fast pace as generation 7 has now version 7.0.15 available and before there was 7.0.14 and 7.0.12 and all of them were released in September...

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members
On 9/27/2021 at 1:47 PM, Peter Randziak said:

I do not have an info on next planned BETA release, but it seems the new versions are being released in a fast pace as generation 7 has now version 7.0.15 available and before there was 7.0.14 and 7.0.12 and all of them were released in September...

Peter

I can confirm 7 0.16 has just been released which fixes the issue