I was wondering if anyone had a good explanation as to what this ESET driver file does. I was under the assumption that any driver file that has fw in it had to be associated with Firewall driver and related to ESET Smart Security yet this file also shows up after installing NOD32. The driver is located in system32\drivers.    I did find a ESET KB that said this file did have something to do with POP3 and HTTP checking and other descriptions are just that its firewall drivers.

• Administrators

It's a NOD32 Antivirus driver responsible for filtering application protocols http/https, pop3/pop3s, imap/imaps.

But he says this driver is also installed in ESS. I can't found it on my system (with ESS).

And under what name is this driver registered?

• Administrators

But he says this driver is also installed in ESS. I can't found it on my system (with ESS).

And under what name is this driver registered?

ESS uses epfwwfp.sys. It's registered under "epfwwfp" (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\epfwwfp).

Ok, then @tmuster2k you maybe wrote the wrong driver name in your topic title.

You meant:

• Name: epfwwfp
  • Display Name: epfwwfp
  • Binary path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\epfwwfp.sys = %windir%\System32\drivers\epfwwfp.sys
Edited by rugk

Ok, then @tmuster2k you maybe wrote the wrong driver name in your topic title.

You meant:

• Name: epfwwfp
  • Display Name: epfwwfp
  • Binary path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\epfwwfp.sys = %windir%\System32\drivers\epfwwfp.sys

Nope.. thats not what I meant.. But its ok becuz Marcos has fully answered my question.

OK, but I can say that the service "Epfwwfpr.sys" does not exist in ESS.

Edit: There is no r at the end of the driver sys. It's epfwwfpr.sys.

Edited by rugk