Network protection Fix notifications

Hello

If some or none of the required Network protection are not active, EIS do not show any notifications about it

I wonder how many times I have browse the internet with Firewall, IDS or Botnet protection off, without knowing because EIS doesn't show any warning or notification 😭

Thanks

Camelia

01EIS_Network.jpg.f60ac94ef8d96c41a0a9fb1d0cc7d783.jpg

02EIS_Network.jpg.1a92918daf919eda7cfc6ffd1afda13e.jpg

Open Eset GUI -> Setup -> Advanced Setup.

Select User Interface -> Statuses -> Application statuses -> Edit.  Mouse click on "+" for Network Protection. Are all statuses in that section enabled per below screen shot?

Eset_Net_Status.thumb.png.d806b2b20f0e8ed18303e4e443847021.png

8 hours ago, peteyt said:

Just wondering if in advanced you have some notifications disabled 

Nop

5 hours ago, itman said:

Open Eset GUI -> Setup -> Advanced Setup.

Select User Interface -> Statuses -> Application statuses -> Edit.  Mouse click on "+" for Network Protection. Are all statuses in that section enabled per below screen shot?

Here are my settings:

EIS.jpg.9f22f3d6bac4e737e295331025c50703.jpg

I hope the latest version resolve the issue.

Update: I haven't had any problem with the latest version yet but with the previous version the problem may be when exiting Shadow Mode and run PrivaZer

If I Block all network traffic, pause firewall or pause protection, I get the notifications

I will keep posting if the Network protection notifications does not appear, just to let you know and I will follow the instructions @Marcos provide me in this topic

Thanks

Camelia

Edited by camelia

• ESET Staff

Do I understand it correctly that if Shadow Defender's Shadow Mode is not active it does work correctly?

From the description of Shadow Mode it looks like it may prevent some things to be done correctly.

'Shadow Mode' redirects each system change to a virtual environment with no change to your real environment.

• Administrators

Looks like no diagnostic logs were created

C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Diagnostics\

2020-10-29 14:28  <DIR>           ECP
         0 files               0 bytes

Therefore I assume that you skipped the initial steps:
- enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Details for tech support
- reboot the machine
- disable logging

10 hours ago, camelia said:

CCleaner, Enter Shadow Mode, Exiting Shadow Mode and Boom:

Did you exclude Eset files from ShadowDefender? Looks like that might be the issue: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/nod32-shadow-defender-how-set-exclusion-list.322742/

9 hours ago, JozefG said:

Do I understand it correctly that if Shadow Defender's Shadow Mode is not active it does work correctly?

From the description of Shadow Mode it looks like it may prevent some things to be done correctly.

The issue starts sometimes after exit Shadow Mode (No notifications about all the Network protection are off)

7 hours ago, Marcos said:

Looks like no diagnostic logs were created

C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Diagnostics\

2020-10-29 14:28  <DIR>           ECP
         0 files               0 bytes

Therefore I assume that you skipped the initial steps:
- enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Details for tech support
- reboot the machine
- disable logging

Sorry, I will try again later today

1 hour ago, itman said:

Did you exclude Eset files from ShadowDefender? Looks like that might be the issue: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/nod32-shadow-defender-how-set-exclusion-list.322742/

No, I have not exclude anything, Long time ESET and Shadow Defender user and I never had an issue like this.

After excluding Eset files I will post again to let you know If the Network protection do not turn off again

Thanks

Camelia