How can I prevent a user from canceling a scan

Go to solution Solved by Gonzalo Alvarez,

How can I prevent a user from canceling a scan

image.png.6f06d8928d2c4d337049385729fcab63.png

Some of them cancel the first scan and i wanted to prevent this.

Is there an option in the policy that allows me to block that option for the user?

Best Regards.

• Most Valued Members

Maybe locking down the settings with a password can help?

Or making ESET work without GUI as Terminal then the users won't even know that it's scanning.

Hi @Nightowl

Thanks for your answer, yes, it has a password but that does not prevent it. The second option you propose could be my solution, but I would like not to have to do it if it is necessary.

I would like to know if I can do it from politics.

• Most Valued Members
On 6/10/2021 at 4:50 PM, Mauricio Osorio said:

Hi @Nightowl

Thanks for your answer, yes, it has a password but that does not prevent it. The second option you propose could be my solution, but I would like not to have to do it if it is necessary.

I would like to know if I can do it from politics.

An ESET Staff might have more knowledge than me about this situation.

• ESET Staff

Hi @Mauricio Osorio
If you are using our console ESET Protect you can deploy a Policy to set the user interface to only the icon with no access to any menu.

About intefaces: ESET Endpoint - User interface elements - Help ESET

As test I suggest you try the policy in a nearby PC before make the final deployment.

Let us know the results.

13 hours ago, Gonzalo Alvarez said:

Hi @Mauricio Osorio
If you are using our console ESET Protect you can deploy a Policy to set the user interface to only the icon with no access to any menu.

About intefaces: ESET Endpoint - User interface elements - Help ESET

As test I suggest you try the policy in a nearby PC before make the final deployment.

Let us know the results.

Hola Gonzalo, te escribo en español ya que veo que eres de Uruguay. Muchas gracias por tu respuesta. Ya he sugerido eso a mi cliente, pero mi interés consiste en verificar si se puede hacer desde las políticas.

Gracias por tu respuesta.

Hello Gonzalo, I am writing to you in Spanish since I see that you are from Uruguay. Thank you very much for your answer. I have already suggested that to my client, but my interest is to verify if it can be done from the policies.

Thanks for your answer.

Saludos.

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

Hi,

Sure.

Policy > actions > new > settings > user Interface > star mode > Silent > Assign target client > check > finish.

Silent: No notifications or alerts will be displayed. Graphical user interface can only be started by the Administrator.