Problematic firewall rule

After installation of ESET Smart Security, I have trouble transferring images from my Canon EOS 70D camera's Wi-Fi, which is blocked by the firewall.

I have by logging identified that it is a blocking of outgoing SSDP (UPNP) for svhost.exe - as illustrated in the screenshot.

I've temporarily disabled the rule. My question is simple: Can I delete it permanently without risk?

Thanks in advance.

post-4222-0-63624500-1405017591_thumb.jpg

• ESET Staff

Hi Rene,

Before you delete the rule entirely, you might try switching the firewall to learning mode, plugging your camera in and creating an exception when you make the attempt to transfer photos. For instructions to get into learning mode see our knowledgebase article. To save the trouble of dealing with other programs that are communicating across the firewall you should probably switch back into automatic mode with exceptions once you've created the exception for the camera.

Hi Rene,

Before you delete the rule entirely, you might try switching the firewall to learning mode, plugging your camera in and creating an exception when you make the attempt to transfer photos. For instructions to get into learning mode see our knowledgebase article. To save the trouble of dealing with other programs that are communicating across the firewall you should probably switch back into automatic mode with exceptions once you've created the exception for the camera.

Hi CB530

I have been in learning mode the last 2 days, but it has unfortunately not been able to help me.

I've also tried out the other 2 modes, but without any result.

• Administrators

That is a pre-defined rule and as such cannot be deleted, only disabled. I'd allow SSDP for the trusted zone and block it for all other addresses.

That is a pre-defined rule and as such cannot be deleted, only disabled. I'd allow SSDP for the trusted zone and block it for all other addresses.

Hi Marcos

Thank you for your information and suggestions.

I would be very happy if you can clarify for me how to create such a rule since I can’t edit in the current.

Thanks in advance.