ESET Protect and replication

So I've installed ESET Protect and found the area for policies, etc.

However, when we used ERA in the past, we could set up another instance in a remote site so policies and updates aren't pushed over the WAN link.

I've looked into the configuration and I don't see anything obvious here. I remember before the two sites were aware of each other, and replicated data and license information to each other.

How do you set this up in ESET Protect?

• ESET Staff

Hello, there is no concept of "server to server" replication in ESET PROTECT (or any ERA newer than version 6). It is based on a concept of a central server, and multi tenancy, meaning you can have different admins responsible for different sites / locations, however all of the computers still connect to a central server. 

You can theoretically use HTTP Proxy component, to forward the connections.

More details can be found in architecture portion of our help: https://help.eset.com/protect_install/80/en-US/?architecture.html 

Edited by MichalJ

Oh, I think I understand now. We have ESET Protect at our main office, so in the smaller offices the Apache HTTP Proxy needs to be installed to cache updates?

Then I need to use the ESET Protect ip address, and only on remote sites have a policy to set the proxy address?

Seems fairly straightforward.