Agent Status Error Rpc Message response BUSY

I have a problem like the following, I have tried to telnet ESMC port 2222 from the client side and it was successful, but for the last replication status the agent status is still error, is there a solution to solve this error?

Server specifications used:
Windows Server 2016 r2

Client : Windows 10
EV : ESET Endpoint Security

Selection_046.png.aa677ca95c49dcc7d8a6c621b21de971.png

Regards

• Administrators

Looks like the ESET PROTECT server is overloaded and refuses agent connections. Please check server performance stats on the dashboard. Also I'd recommend opening a support ticket with your local ESET distributor.

• ESET Staff

From provided logs and screenshots, most suspicious is upper-left graph that indicates there are "pending" logs, i.e. data from client that was not processed in time. This might have two reasons:

• There is some performance degradation on DB layer, i.e. database server itself is overloaded, or underlying hardware or disk storage
  • There is significant increase of traffic/data sent from clients. This seems to be confirmed also by growing database size - are you in middle of deployment and just much more clients has been deployed recently? Or there has been configuration changes that might have forced clients to send more data? For example by enabling reporting of all installed applications, or by requesting diagnostic logs...

Also when you open status.html and hoover over number in section "Received logs statistics" it will show more granular data, which might help us to pin-point which type of data might be causing issues, if provided to us.

14 hours ago, MartinK said:

From provided logs and screenshots, most suspicious is upper-left graph that indicates there are "pending" logs, i.e. data from client that was not processed in time. This might have two reasons:

• There is some performance degradation on DB layer, i.e. database server itself is overloaded, or underlying hardware or disk storage
  • There is significant increase of traffic/data sent from clients. This seems to be confirmed also by growing database size - are you in middle of deployment and just much more clients has been deployed recently? Or there has been configuration changes that might have forced clients to send more data? For example by enabling reporting of all installed applications, or by requesting diagnostic logs...

Also when you open status.html and hoover over number in section "Received logs statistics" it will show more granular data, which might help us to pin-point which type of data might be causing issues, if provided to us.

Thanks for respons,

No we're not in the middle of deployment phase,  we'd just disabling the diagnostic log, it used to be enable. Here's the capture of statics of logs received ( status.html full ) .

And as you've just state, the DB size is growing rapidly , the size of the DB currently around 16GB.

Selection_059.thumb.png.269ea140e9f292beed371b1bbcb8c4de.pngSelection_060.thumb.png.dadd895770cbad5056dd1e40bece01bc.png

Regards,

I'm also have same problem, is this really bcause of db or an error on network, and what's maximum number of normal db sizes and the maximum number of clients from esmc ?

On 2/22/2021 at 7:51 PM, MartinK said:

have a problem Same like the following, I have tried to telnet ESMC port 2222 from the client side and it was successful, but for the last replication status the agent status is still error, is there a solution to solve this error?

RPC.PNG

• Administrators

I would recommend that each of you create a separate topic and provide:
- Status.html from the server
- A screen shot of the dashboard "Server performance status"
- What type of DB you use
- Is the DB on the same server as ESET PROTECT server?
- What is the hw configuration of the EP/DB server?
- Is another resource intensive service / application running on the server(s)?
- How many clients connect to the ESET PROTECT server?
- Are you in the middle of the deployment or you had already ESET rolled out on clients for some time when the issue started?
- Have you made recently any changes to ESET or system configuration?