Eset reactive

fidelius2

Hello,

In the evening of June 29, my firewall alerts a suspicious program wants to connect to internet. I run an anti malware software which confirms that this newly created file is a trojan. Nod32 does not detect it.

I follow the protocol given by Eset to submit them a maybe infected file (samples@eset.com). Today, on 30 june, I look at virusradar.com and notice that it has been added to the 10024 virus definition database.

Well done Eset. As you can see, do not hesitate to send them a suspicious file because it is not a waste of time.

Thanks for posting, and thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks for also submitting your harmful file so the rest of us can be protected.

Great, thanks for sharing.   :)

Sorry for asking but i'm curious where from did that suspicious file come from, by simply visiting a site, a download, e-mail etc.. do you know? 

Did you upload it to Virustotal?

Great, thanks for sharing.   :)

Sorry for asking but i'm curious where from did that suspicious file come from, by simply visiting a site, a download, e-mail etc.. do you know? 

Did you upload it to Virustotal?

Simply by opening Firefox 10.0.12 ESR with javascript enabled. The start page I have chosen is clean (political) but a new executable file was created in the temp folder. Maybe a malicious redirection, all I can say is that it is related with the browser. And yes I uploaded it to virustotal and only 2 reported it as trojan (not Eset yet).

Hmm....intresting. Good that you uploaded it to VT then the other vendors on VT should get the sample as well...eventually.

Thanks  :)

It's really nice that you share it with us.

But now I'm also greedy for knowing which malware it was... :)