General Question

Purpleroses

In event viewer I get a kernel tracing of event id 1 the backing-file for the real-time session DefenderAPiLogger has reached its maximum size.  As a result new events will not be logged to this session until space is made available.   Does this effect eset and can I safely ignore with warning?

No offense meant here but if you start obsessing over Win 10 event logs, you will most likely end up going bonkers.

That event log and for that matter all Win event logs, have nothing to do with determining Eset operational status.

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members

even a healthy system will have many warnings, critical info etc etc.

you can't have an installation with a completely empty/clean event log.

so unless your pc or windows installation doesn't work right, don't look at the event log all the time. :)

• Most Valued Members
16 hours ago, shocked said:

even a healthy system will have many warnings, critical info etc etc.

you can't have an installation with a completely empty/clean event log.

so unless your pc or windows installation doesn't work right, don't look at the event log all the time. :)

Yeah also cyber criminals use event viewer in their scams. My late grandad fell for a phone scam quite a few years ago. They phoned up and got him to download a remote access program and showed him the event viewer and told him it was viruses and sold him something he didn't need. However it took him ages to get his money back because he agreed to pay them even though they tricked him. We told him he should have just rang us but they pressure the caller and make it sound urgent