Jump to content

ESET Managament 7.0+ - impossible to reinstall


Madikos
 Share

Recommended Posts

I had deployed via GPO ESET Agent in 7.0 version.

Since we have EMSC, all endpoints are reporting, that this version should be updated. 60% of agents, were updated automatic via EMSC.

 

But, now, i've got about 60 PC's, where it is impossible to reinstall agent. I've got policy in GPO which is removing registry key of previos installation, but it isn't help.

Problem is somewhere in windows 10 OS at stations, because i can't even manually, reinstall agent. After uninstall from control panel, and start installer from msi file, it says, that i've got already newer version or od with error code 1604.

I've made new complex installer, but it also getting error at installing agent and break whole instalation.

 

 

New computers connected to AD, are installing new agent without any issue. Problem is only with this lucky bastards, which had eset era 7.0.

 

Any idea or solution, it fix it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In Safe Mode, by using Eset uninstaller, i see that Eset Managament Agent is still present and i am able to uninstall it.

 

After that and reboot, GPO successfully installed a new agent... Is there any way, to fix it without safe mode and uninstaller?? To do it, i need a user, who will understand how to type 5 at startup menu ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff

Could you please provide full msiexec log from such failed upgrade? Otherwise it is hard to diagnose. But regardless of that ,only upgrade issues I can recall from history were related to HTTP proxy configuration and "custom policy" parameters to be used for configuration AGENT during installation/upgrade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Is the update failing even with pre-release updates enabled? Is it failing after temporarily disabling self-defense and rebooting the machine?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Marcos said:

Is an ESMC component upgrade task failing to update agent on clients?  Or you uninstalled the agent and trying to re-deploy it?

Yes, upgrade taks is failing. This is why, i've started to looking solution in manual installation.

1 hour ago, MartinK said:

Could you please provide full msiexec log from such failed upgrade? Otherwise it is hard to diagnose. But regardless of that ,only upgrade issues I can recall from history were related to HTTP proxy configuration and "custom policy" parameters to be used for configuration AGENT during installation/upgrade.

Where i should looking for EraAgent***.log . Some time ago it was at temp, but for now i can't find it 😕

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Is the update failing even with pre-release updates enabled? Is it failing after temporarily disabling self-defense and rebooting the machine?

I didn't try with pre-release updates. Machine was rebooted many times, self-defense was also disabled.

 

As i reply by my own, it looks like problem with removing old version. No mather of system rights, even local admin, wasn't able to fully uninstall old agent. After reboot windows in safe mode, and use Eset Uninstaller, simple system restart, let GPO do it's job and install new agent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff
2 hours ago, Madikos said:

Where i should looking for EraAgent***.log . Some time ago it was at temp, but for now i can't find it 😕

It will be most probably in standard logs directory of AGENT, most probably here:

c:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\

where name will contain "upgrade". It's content should be standard msiexec log output.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/18/2020 at 10:19 PM, MartinK said:

It will be most probably in standard logs directory of AGENT, most probably here:


c:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\

where name will contain "upgrade". It's content should be standard msiexec log output.

There is no such a file, or any other with agent install content.

At one of problematic computers, EMSC components upgrade is running successfully, but agent is not upgraded.

The agent is in 7.0.577.0 version

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...