EKRN leak memory

Hello,

I have been using your product for almost 10 years now and have always been satisfied. However, for the past few months I have been having memory problems with ekrnl, about 6 of them. It quickly goes up in memory and it can reach up to 9go of consumption.

I formatted my computer the first time, thinking that the problem was my own, but it's happening again today. I have noticed that every time I observe this behaviour I get a popup telling me that my system is not protected but after clicking on the antivirus everything is green.

1093805756_2020-10-3112_22_18-DeepLTraduction-DeepLTranslate.png.692adb8c36ce2abc8a524b6d9ee10374.png

467596180_2020-10-3112_20_09-Window.png.2581b02ce1c9644c2b1bb5fd7d8ccdf2.png

1153845254_2020-10-3112_26_29-ESETInternetSecurity.png.8e91fef0073ce0dfa1ce28c0ff424676.png

I make a complete dump of memory and Collecte log but I don't know if confidential information is contained in the archive so in doubt I don't attach it.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Thibaut.

• Administrators

Do you have EIS v14.0.22? Please generate a dump of ekrn via the advanced setup -> Tools -> Diagnostics -> click Create. Then collect logs with ESET Log Collector, upload the generated zip file to a safe location and drop me a private message with a download link.

• Administrators

Most likely the issue is caused by an enormous number of networks detected (51267). You can delete the dump on the server. Will keep you posted.

Thank you for your response. Is it possible to manually delete this number of detected networks?

Edit;

Hum ok I see all the networks. The name of the Wifi network has a smiley face, is that what could cause the bug? The first time I encountered this bug I was also on a wifi network with a smiley face.

image.png.de6b8aa897c3d373339a16b5082ffebe.png

I can't change the name of the network where I connect to, this prevents the PS4 from connecting to the WIFI.

Edited by Sorrow

Sorry for the double post, but I have tried to restore the default settings to delete all networks. After rebooting my PC, the memory is fine but the networks are incrementing at a crazy speed.

image.thumb.png.18016e935d244cddfeea0f374c9d71a1.png

• Administrators

The problem is caused by the smiley in SSID of the wi-fi.

We track it as a bug, however, using smileys and other special characters in SSID is not recommended as it might cause issues with other software as well. E.g. PS4 would not connect to such wifi at all.

• Most Valued Members

Do you or anyone have access to the routers control panel as you would be able to change the WIFI name

No that's the problem, I borrow the neighbour's wifi and she wants this smiley face in the name of her network, it prevents her children from connecting the PS4 to the network. And as it's free, I'm not complaining.

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, Sorrow said:

No that's the problem, I borrow the neighbour's wifi and she wants this smiley face in the name of her network, it prevents her children from connecting the PS4 to the network. And as it's free, I'm not complaining.

Ah sorry didn't realise although having a wireless password would also prevent that