Anonymous usage of ESET Internet Security

Is it possible to test ESET internet security without providing e-mail address and name? Is it possible to use ESET later and activate it without providing personal data?

One way around this is to purchase a "boxed" version of Eset; if you can find an authorized Eset retailer that sells it this way.

In a boxed version, the license key is imprinted on an insert inside the CD case.

However if your intent is to evade in-country Eset licensing restrictions, a boxed Eset version won't work. This is because the license key itself contains an id to the country where it was purchased.

Edited by itman

6 minutes ago, itman said:

One way around this is to purchase a "boxed" version of Eset; if you can find an authorized Eset retailer that sells it this way.

In a boxed version, the license key is imprinted on an insert inside the CD case.

However if your intent is to evade in-country Eset licensing restrictions, a boxed Eset version won't work. This is because the license key itself contains an id to the country where it was purchased.

Thank you for the reply. I saw already “ESET boxes “ here in German stores. When I fetch one I can for sure avoid providing my e-mail address? Just install and activate using key in the box and everything will work?

• Most Valued Members
4 minutes ago, Alexbb said:

for sure avoid providing my e-mail address?

you can create another email and use that for the activation process, if the boxed version requires it.

2 minutes ago, shocked said:

you can create another email and use that for the activation process, if the boxed version requires it.

Oh no-no... it’s just a question of principle.

• Administrators

Licenses are associated with user's email address. You could theoretically use a disposable address but I'm not sure if the system would accept it and especially if you would be able to use it after 1-2 years to renew the license.

I just read for step 6 on the CD insert that the activation process will ask for contact info.. I assume you can enter bogus data for that. I don't believe Eset verifies it; or that an invalid e-mail address will stop the activation process. Or as suggested, use another or a one-time e-mail address.

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, itman said:

I just read for step 6 on the CD insert that the activation process will ask for contact info.. I assume you can enter bogus data for that. I don't believe Eset verifies it; or that an invalid e-mail address will stop the activation process. Or as suggested, use another or a one-time e-mail address.

Only thing with using bogus contact info would be that if any issues happened and the user had lost their license keys it could be problematic. One advantage with having an account is license recovery.

As you mentioned if it is a privacy issue creating something like a new Gmail account just for that could be the way forward