"checked by ESET" notification Thunderbird

Hello to all ESET users,

i like the mail attachment in all emails from Thunderbird very much.
But after a new installation of ESET "IS" it is gone.
If Eset has been updated for years, this attachment is still there.

Is there a way to get this attachment back?
Unfortunately my request to the support was not answered.
I like this line, even nicer would be a small picture of the ESET robot.
Some of my friends have become regular users of ESET through this attachment.

Thanks a lot,

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Aufnahme173.jpg

• Administrators

By default notifications are appended only to infected email. You must change it in the advanced setup so that they are appended to all scanned email.

Thank you very much for this tip.
But these settings are not valid for Thunderbird, because I installed ESET in a fresh Win10.

They are only valid if ESET, I think from 2018 on, is kept up to date by updates, then this line appears in Thunderbird.

At some point ESET stopped supporting Thunderbird.

Aufnahme176.jpg.d5a1483bbd8fe069900a311cac227189.jpg

Früher ( 2018 ? )war da noch Thunderbird dabei.

That's why the line is no longer there after new installations. Only if an earlier ESET was able to display the line in Thunderbird, this will work with newer versions, after updates!

2018 Eset installed-Update-Update-Update..... 2020/ notification is here!
2020 ESET installed / notification is missing!

I'm looking for a way to make the notification visible in a newly installed Win10/ eset/ Thunderbird, like before.

Thanks for your effort.  

Aufnahme175.jpg

• Administrators

A TB plug-in is not required in order for tag messages to be appended to scanned email so the above screen shot is irrelevant. Also make sure that you send plain-text email; in html email the messages may not be visible.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

A TB plug-in is not required in order for tag messages to be appended to scanned email

I use T-Bird and I was never able to get that option to work. And I spent a bit of time on it.

My understand is Eset e-mail protection will scan incoming Thunderbird POPS or IMAPS traffic. If malware is detected, it just deletes the e-mail and that's the end of it.

Edited by itman

Thank you very much Mr. Marcos,

in the meantime I tried for many hours, also because of text or html. This does not lead to success. E.g. this notification came from a TB (all html options active) and current ESET-IS.

Aufnahme173.jpg.096b6b463b06009dcbcc263a

Please pass my request to your programmers for the notification, maybe they can fix this feature so that the notification appears again after a new installation.
It is not security relevant and only "Bling- Bling".

Thanks a lot

Please translate the Eset message you posted in German that you stated appears in Thunderbird.

I use Thunderbird and have never seen such an Eset sourced message. Does this message appear when you open Thunderbird? Is Thunderbird up to date; i.e. latest version?

Hello itman,

everyone else in this thread knows what message it is.
This message appears on every sent email if a check hint to outgoing emails is enabled.
But unfortunately not after a new installation of Eset. 
Last official version of Eset 13.2.18.0, TB 78.3.3
This check hint only appears if ESET is from about 2018 and has been updated repeatedly.
After an installation of ESET after 2019, the check hint does not appear anymore.
I would like to have it back, so Mr. Marcos gave me the hint, which unfortunately is not the solution.  

----------e-----------

- Sorry, I just saw the new message from Marcos.

Yes, exactly these lines!

Edited by naumi

one more example:

Aufnahme178.jpg.0a4a6bfba306478d9a88ac91ccd65dfd.jpg

Then also excuse me! I withdraw from the forum, because I am not willing to change my computer system to another language just so that everyone can read the topic without any effort.
I'm probably the only user in this world who likes the test hint.

Please stay hanks again to Marcos.

21 hours ago, Marcos said:

A TB plug-in is not required in order for tag messages to be appended to scanned email so the above screen shot is irrelevant. Also make sure that you send plain-text email; in html email the messages may not be visible.

I have never seen the below shown Endpoint Security message shown in an version of Eset Internet Security and Thunderbird I have ever used. I do receive all e-mail in text format, attachments are not automatically opened, and all active content is disabled in Thunderbird.

image.png

• Administrators

I've installed a mail server locally to test it and it worked; a tag message was appended to an html email. If it doesn't work, I'd recommend opening a ticket with your local support for further investigation.

image.png

13 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I've installed a mail server locally to test it and it worked; a tag message was appended to an html email. If it doesn't work, I'd recommend opening a ticket with your local support for further investigation.

image.png

I just checked my Eset e-mail settings. Message appending is set to default value; i.e. only when a detection occurs.

However in the past and for test purposes, I have added an attachment that Eset detects to a Thunderbird e-mail. All Eset does is delete the attachment. No Eset message appended. I will retest again when I have time.

My test problem is my primary e-mail provider uses Symantec Endpoint and it will delete anything malicious prior to the e-mail being forwarded to me. However, I have my ISP e-mail also set up in T-Bird. This is what I used in the above noted testing.

Edited by itman

Set Eset message appending to scan all incoming e-mail. Opened an e-mail from both e-mail providers in T-Bird. No Eset message appended to either e-mail.

My conclusion is this feature does not work when e-mail is received from a third party e-mail provider.

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, naumi said:

one more example:

Aufnahme178.jpg.0a4a6bfba306478d9a88ac91ccd65dfd.jpg

Then also excuse me! I withdraw from the forum, because I am not willing to change my computer system to another language just so that everyone can read the topic without any effort.
I'm probably the only user in this world who likes the test hint.

Please stay hanks again to Marcos.

Hello just to clarify no one was wanting you to change your language just to translate it so they could see exactly what the text at the bottom of the email said 

1 hour ago, naumi said:

@naumiI didn't mean that you needed to change the language on your computer. I was just stating that we can't all read German, so translating it for us would be nice.