version 6.4 End of Life

mikechan

I use ESET Endpoint security version 6.4.2014.0 in Windows 7 Pro. Recently, I get the message about this version is EOL .

If I don’t upgrade the Endpoint. Will it still receive module and virus signature updates until Dec 2021?

Thx,

• Administrators

We guarantee module updates only until a product reaches EOL. While it's unlikely that module updates would be cut immediately, we may discontinue them at any time without a prior notice for EOLed products.

The question is why would you keep an old version of Endpoint that doesn't contain features like Ransomware shield, Deep Behavior Inspection or machine learning detections. If security matters for you, we strongly recommend upgrading to the latest v7.3 and also upgrading the OS to one that is fully supported by its maker and for which security updates are released on a regular basis to patch critical vulnerabilities exploitable by malware or attackers.

We keep this version because we will upgrade all PC to windows10 and new version of ESET endpoint product around october, 2021.

So, we want to keep this old version until october , 2021.

Will it still receive virus signature updates until Dec 2021?

Thx,

• ESET Staff

Hello @mikechan, most likely, it will. What Marcos tried to explain is, that there is no reason to not upgrade the ESET Endpoint client software on your machine to the latest version, as it it is compatible with Windows 7, and brings many benefits. Of course, the decision is yours, however from the vendor standpoint, ESET guarantees module update support for the products that are in full / limited support only. 

• Administrators

On Windows 10 you should definitely install the latest Endpoint, currently version 7.3.2041. As of Windows 10 21H1 Update, older versions will not work there.